Friday, December 17, 2021

The Holidays

I know I haven't been on here in quite some time but I thought the Holiday Season would be a good time to let you know what's been going on in my life.

I had the breast surgery  and I've had no problems whatsoever.  No pain nothing.  She did tell me to take a pain pill when I got home but I really didn't need it.  The one bad thing was is that I had to wear this special bra for 7 days and that was a killer.  It made me feel like my boobs were up in my throat. LOL

My darling husband bought me a new car for Christmas.  It's a 2022 Kia Seltos which is their small suv.  We were over at John and Peyton's for Thanksgiving and I bought it the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm not good on long distance driving so John drove it home for us.  I was giving them my Kia Soul so he just drove that back home.  The bad news is that the following week I was stopped at a red light and some 19 year old kid hit me in the back.  You cannot believe how angry I was.   So now it has an accident report attached to it.  Luckily he did have insurance and they are paying for repairs.  It just seems to me that in this day and age no one respects any one elses property.

We won't be celebrating Christmas with the kids next week because John (who wasn't vaccinated) brought covid home to the family.  So our Christmas has been moved up to New Year's which is fine with us.

I hope all of you have the Merriest of Christmas's and a very safe and Happy New Year.


All My Blessings for the upcoming year....

Barbara

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Glad the surgery went well for you,
Congrats on your new vehicle.
It's so disheartening when someone violates your property & damages it.
I hope Peyton's family recovers soon.
Have a very merry Christmas when you do get together!
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: I am happy you had no pain, but wearing the bra must have been horrible, so sorry.
Congratulations on the new car, so sorry the kid was not paying attention to his driving.
I hope you have a Blessed Christmas

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, glad see your post. Very happy to hear your surgery went well. How fun about getting a new car, but sorry to hear you were hit. Wishing you and yours a joyous and blessed Christmas.