Sunday, August 1, 2021

It seems like years since I posted anything and I think I'm coming out of my funk.  The other day I made myself go to Needle Orts, my LNS, and while there I came across these two new Nora Corbett designs.  I love stitching Halloween because of Little John's birthday and I thought these might be ideal for getting me back into the swing. They only have three different fibers.....black silk,  a Waterlillie and a kreinek braid  plus some beads.  


Evanora



Claire

I am starting with Evanora and so far so good.  I'm stitching them on 30ct WDW Guacamole linen and I'm not having much trouble with it.

I do have to undergo surgery because the Oncologist wants those bad cells removed in my right breast.  I know I will feel better once they are so I'm wasting no time in seeing this done.

Now for my bad news.  Peyton, John and the kids are moving over close to Tampa 2.5 hours away.  They don't like living in Orlando anymore, neither do I. so next weekend they shall be on their way.  They found a house to rent till their house sells here and they get use to the area.  I'm going to miss them dreadfully.  I've grown use to having them only 10 minutes away and it's going to take some getting use to.  I did find that a Amtrak train runs once a day from Orlando to Tampa so that's house we will get over there.  Neither one of us can drive for a long period of time.  Peyton promised that they will come home once a month but that's not enough for me.  It seems that the older I get the more I hate change.  Is it just me or am I with others in this.  

I hope everyone has stayed  strong in this year so far.  I am so sick of having the CDC or the idiots in Washington changing their minds from one day to another about masks, vaccinations and anything else to do with Covid.  Please God help them make up their minds.

Blessings to All,
Barbara  

5 comments:

marly said...

Hi Barbara. My sister several years ago was diagnosed as Stage 0 which I didn't even know was a stage. Abnormal and a few calcifications, surgery and radiation. Some oncologists here no longer treat that stage. Catching so very early is good, and amazing that they can. Hope all goes well!

Sorry about the move but wonderful that a train can take you there.

I was advised by all three docs to NOT get the vaccine because a vaccine triggered my immune system into overdrive causing this horrible lifelong autoimmune disease. Otherwise, I would have been pricked by now. No one local is wearing mask except health providers.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Barbara! Good to see your post this morning. I am sorry the kids are moving, but it sounds like a good solution for you to take the train. You have been on my mind and in my prayers.

Marilyn said...

Those Mira's are cool! Evanora is awesome!
Glad you are getting those cells removed, hope you get it done soon.
So sorry Peyton & her family are moving, but glad you can take the Amtrak there to visit.
I'm fed up with the back & forth also.
Just require masks, it's safer for all that way.
Take care.
Marilyn

gracie said...

Sorry about the health issue. I will keep you in my thoughts. I love your new projects and look forward to seeing them finished. the train ride will seem like a mini vacation!

Vickie said...

Keep praying Barbara! I am praying for you. I hope the surgery goes well.
I am glad you can take the train.
We have just worn our masks all along. Much safer that way.