Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Movies and Songs

 Here it is Christmas Eve and we're all getting ready for the big day tomorrow and I'm sitting here enjoying some wonderful Christmas movies.  I absolutely love the channel TCM because it always has some great "old" movies on that I use to enjoy with my Mother.  She loved movie stars and there was always those old magazines laying around like Photoplay and such.  Till this day I can name a host of old stars cut I can't remember what I ate last week.  LOL  So I got to thinking of Christmas movies and the ones I love the most.  Here's my list and see how it compares to yours.


1.  White Christmas

2.  It Happened on 5th Avenue

3.It's a Wonderful Life

4. Love Actually

5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

6.  Meet Me in St. Louis

7.  The Bishops Wife (1947)

8.  While You Were Sleeping

9.  Shop Around the Corner (1940)  

10.  A Christmas Carol (1984)


I think my list has some of the newer ones like Love Actually but my favorites are the old black and white movies.  This is something my hubby and I do not agree on.  He hates black and white movies and says I was born in the wrong decade.  Maybe so.....who knows.

 As I type this is 56 degrees outside and I think that's about as cold as it will get.  I envy the ones who get to have snow on Christmas.  

As far as carols go I love the old ones we sing in  church that sing about the Glory of God.  Although I found out something the other day and that's that Mike Rowe of the show Dirty Jobs can sing opera and has a marvelous voice.  He and John Rich wrote a song about Santa having a dirty job.  If you haven't heard it, here ya go.


I'd love to know your favorite Christmas movie and why.  Everyone have a glorious Christmas Eve and enjoy your day tomorrow with family and friends but please don't forget the reason for the season.

Blessings on All,
Barbara


5 comments:

marly said...

Merry Christmas! My husband hates B/W movies too. I am now watching the Griswolds and as silly as it is, and as many times I watch it, I still get a good laugh. And of course, Ralphie.

mamta pandy said...

If I can write like you, I will be very happy, but where is my luck, in fact people like you are an example to the world. You have written this comment very beautifully, I am very glad that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. college girl aerocity
Cheap price girls gurgaon
low price girls sector 29
Bhiwadi Real Photos Girl
Manesar VIP Photos Girl
Naughty Girl Gurugram
VIP Girl Gurugram
DLF Phase 3 premium girl
college girl gurgaon
beautiful Girl Gurgaon

Marilyn said...

I also love the black & white movies.
My favorite is White Christmas, I love the singing & dancing, especially Vera Allen.
My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night, Josh Groban sings it well.
Merry Christmas!
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: Merry Christmas, I hope it was a good year for you and an even better year in 2022.
I watched them sing this on Fox news in the am last Monday, it is a hoot.
I am an old movie buff myself, I watched
A Christmas Carol this afternoon, in black and white from 1951, so dramatic and touching.
I like your movie list its a great one.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Fran said...

My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol. I have every version I can find. I especially love the old black and white ones but have been known to even watch Mickey Christmas Carol. :-)