Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Hope Everyone is Healthy

We are here and I'm hoping that all of my followers are also healthy.  I heard some disturbing news yesterday and I just can't wrap my mind around why they are doing this.  Two doctors in California made a video and posted it on Youtube about how their hospital is forcing them to add Covid-19 to death certificates even though they are sure that patient didn't have the virus.  This makes no sense to me.  Why would they be doing this?  Youtube has pulled the video from their website because of what they call "misunderstandings".  What?  These doctors are on the front line and should be listened to.  And what's up with our Vice President going to John Hopkins Hospital and refusing to put a mask on?   This is not the time to play games.  He should obey the laws just like everyone else has to.  

I've been busy stitching and finished two little designs.  The second one I don't even remember who the designer was so if you know please tell me.  The first was by Jeannette Douglas .




This one is a BBD design called "Waiting for the Harvest" and I'm stitching it on a Painter's Thread fabric called Klimt and the rick rack and the single loop embellishment will be used when I do the finishing part.  I'm stitching it with DMC 3371.  I love this fabric and they have some very unusual dye colors that they use.  I have three other pieces that are different colors that I'm saving for something special.


Here I'm getting together some threads and fabric that I want to stitch a sampler with.  I'm using a medium grey fabric from Access Commodities that really shows off the pinks, burgundies and purples.  Can't wait to start that one/.

I also have a problem with a Shepherd's Bush pattern that I have.  I made my working copy and then sold the original.  Now I can't find the legend that tells me what colors to use.  I've come up with the idea that I'm just going to pick my own and see what happens.  The poem on it reads "She tends her garden of gladness and fears nurtured with love and watered with tears".  I just love that saying.  So wish me luck on that one.

Also remember the shawl "my fair lady".  Well I've determined that I am not suppose to make that and have given up on it.  I found a nicer yarn to work with but I just couldn't stop making mistakes and these I would find after I had done more rows.  So that one I'm giving up on and that's hard for me to do.

Stay safe, keep stitching and many Blessings to all,
Barbara

Update:  I was told the wrong information about Vice President Pence and I would like to set the record straight.  It was not John Hopkins but the Mayo Clinic and they have an option of wearing a mask or not.  I don't want to be the spreader of wrong information.  Thanks

6 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

You might check 123 Stitch on that Shepherds Bush.... they usually list the color floss needed to complete....

Anonymous said...

I have read that they get extra monetary reimbursement for every "Covid" diagnosis. I think hospitals are trying to up their count.

diamondc said...

Hi Barbara: I love the fabric you are using I have never heard of this fabric line, do you have a link? I am a big Blackbird Designs fan, the design you are working on is lovely.
I think Vice President Pence was at Mayo Clinic here in Minnesota, we have the option to wear a mask or not.
I do wish you would have kept up[ with the shawl it was such a pretty color.
I hope you all are well, have wonderful weather and are coping with this stay at home fiasco.
So sad about the hospitals in California.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Marilyn said...

That makes no sense at all. so wrong.
Very pretty & colorful stitches.
LOVE that Klint fabric, looks like your next project will be beautiful.
Sorry about the shawl, but if you don't love it, you can't continue.
I do that with some stitching too. After awhile if it's too boring, I quit.
Take care.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear that you and yours are doing well! I had heard that about deaths being listed as Corona Virus 19 as the cause of death even when it wasn't.

Lovely finishes, Barbara! You have some lovely projects at the ready.

Be well and thinking of you!

Barb said...

Good for your honestly Barbara. I have a mask but I hate it. I get so hot and then my glasses steam up. On top of that my way too long hair blows in my face till I can't see anything!! Thank the good Lord those are my "big" problems! Love the stitching the pumpkins are on such a great fabric!