Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Updates

Well here it is March and we've had both 40 degree temps and 90 degree temps in the same week.  Gotta be a record.  No wonder every one is sick.....how can you dress properly when it starts out real cold in the morning and hot as you know what by the end of the day.  

I started a La D Da design called By Her Hand and I'm not thrilled with it.  By that I mean it's just not holding my interest.  I think I'll take a break from cross stitch for awhile and concentrate on knitting/crocheting and quilting.  I have all the fabric for at least 4 quilts in my sewing room and I really should work on them before the fabric rots.  LOL

You all know about the My Fair Lady shawl I'm working on and here's an update on it.

I just started the second ball and I have two more to do so I'm hoping it makes it to a nice size.  I do love this yarn but if you make a mistake look out.  It's happened to me twice and I've said some nasty words under my breath about mohair.  

I thought you might like to see our little Evelyn with her sitting up.  She's getting so big and I hate it.  The older they get...the older I get.  
I swear it looks like she's doing yoga in this picture.

Here she is in all her glory sitting up.  I don't know who was more surprised...Evelyn or Peyton.

Well everyone stay safe with this awful virus going around.  Hubby shouldn't be mixing with people but he won't stay home from work.  He has no immune system to speak of and if he gets it, I'm afraid for him.
Until next time.
Blessings,
Barbara

8 comments:

Barb said...

She is such a cutie! It is so hard to decide how careful to be. We went to the mall this evening and it was nearly empty. On Sunday, Church was half full. Seattle has it but only one case in our county.

Marilyn said...

The Shawl is so pretty, love that stitch.
Evelyn Is so pretty, & growing!
Marilyn

marly said...

What a cutie pie! That pattern in the shawl looks so complicated. Not something you would mindlessly follow while watching TV. Beautiful.

We're taking Carole to Cleveland Clinic next week where people come from all over the world. I don't think I have enough hand sanitizer and even Amazon is out of stock. None coming in around here, just can't keep up with demand.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your shawl is looking good, Barbara! Evelyn is a cutie; good for her on sitting up. Praying your husband stays healthy. Love your new blog background/wallpaper!

Vickie said...

The shawl is gorgeous Barbara. Your little Evelyn is a beauty! I hope and pray you all stay healthy my friend.

Terri said...

Evelyn is such a cutie! And I love the shawl you are crocheting!

Pam in IL said...

Aww, Evelyn is so precious! Your shawl is coming along nicely. I LOVE that pink color too. I haven't worked with mohair, but I've heard it's a bear if you have to frog it. Prayers to you and your family.

Bethan said...

The shawl is so lovely. It's definitely wise to put something down for a time if you are not feeling the love for it - you will make more progress on it by doing that. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures of Evelyn x