Saturday, March 14, 2020

Stay Safe

Hope everyone is staying safe and staying home and doing some serious stitching.  I ventured out today to go to my LNS and I am so happy that I did.  I got to meet one of my favorite designers, Jeannette Douglas.  I have talked with her about one of her designs but never met her.  She is a sweetheart.  She was a little bit worried about her flight home to Calgary Canada so say a little prayer that she makes it back okay.  I know this virus has all of us worried but if anything, it will make us stronger as a country.  Just take the precautions and everyone will be fine

This is the design I purchased of Jeannette's.  Common Thread 2 and she autographed it for me.  It comes with all the silk threads and I also purchased the fabric to stitch it on.  Instead of the cream you see in the picture, mine will be on a pale grey called Platinum from Access Commodities. 

Common Thread 2, The - Cross Stitch Pattern.

I started a new cross stitch because the La D Da one just wasn't doing it for me.  This one is from a designer I love....Hands On Design and it's called "Memorial Day".  I'm doing it on a 32 count hand dyed that is a light blue with speckles of white thru it.  To me it looks like a beautiful summer day.  Here's mine:


and this should be what it looks like when it's finished but on the blue fabric.

Memorial Day

She has a thread pack that goes with it of the Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread which I purchased also.

I was such a bad girl with all the goodies that Debbie brought back from Nashville I shouldn't have to purchase anything for at least 6 months.  Who am I kidding?  LOL

So stay safe and please say a prayer for those inflicted with this virus.

Blessings, Barbara

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

How fun to meet Jeannette!
That design is so pretty, has a lot of stitching elements.
That Hands On will be so pretty on the blue fabric.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

How fun to meet one of your favorite designers, Barbara! Pretty new start on the HOD piece! I really like the blue fabric you are using. How do you like stitching with the Sulky thread? Take care and have good week.

Vickie said...

What a lovely sampler Barbara! And you got to meet Jeannette! :)
What La D Da did you give up on?
I hope you two stay safe and healthy!!