Monday, February 17, 2020

I found my Pink

I hope your weekend was as good as mine was.  My sweet grand son-in-law had to make a trip to Winter Haven to pick up a part for the Mustang he is rebuilding and I got to go along to a fantastic yarn shop called "Four Purls".  I have been in many knitting shops but this one is just so great from the many, many selections of yarns to the people who work there.  I have purchased from them online but this was my first trip and hopefully not my last.  I don't like to drive long distances to places I've never been before so this was a great chance to see it in person.  If you want to check it out online, here is the website:


I just knew I was going to find the perfect pink for the My Fair Lady shawl and I was right.  It's not a baby pink but has just a dash of lavender to make it a dusty light pink and it's fabulous to work with.  It's from a company called Knit One, Purl Two and it's called Winter Blossom.in the color Pink Wax.  I started the shawl and here's what I have done so far.  It's a little tricky to frog because the fibers are wool, mohair and silk and that mohair can be sticky so I'm taking my time.





Above are the other yarns I picked up to make cowls for gifts and to sell.  Stay tuned for them.

I also was able to finish the BBD Snowman and thank you to all the ladies who made suggestions on how I can use the overdyed cotton without losing my mind.  I decided to stitch my normal way by going across the row and coming back and  truthfully I can't tell a difference in that the colors look like.  I do love how my stitches look a lot better.  Here he is in all his glory.



I didn't want to take the time to do the finishing part because I wanted to start my shawl but then I have quite some time till Christmas rolls around again.

I hope your week started off great and that you all get some quality stitchie time.  My grand daughter has expressed interest in me stitching this for their living room.   It's called One Nation by By Gone Stitches.  It's a biggie....

One Nation - Cross Stitch Pattern

I'd love to hear if any of my followers has stitched this and what they thought of the pattern.  Until next time....

Blessings, Barbara

8 comments:

marly said...

Wow. What a great project! And one I of course, have not seen. Would you do their state in a different color?

That pink is gorgeous.

diamondc said...

Barbara: I would do the same as you if there was a stitch shop to visit.
Some places are just to far to drive alone.
Your yarn choices are lovely, that mohair is beautiful.
Your snowman is adorable, I never do one stitch at a time I do a row, it always seems to work out color-wise.
That Patriotic design is beautiful.

Catherine

Gabi said...

Hi from Germany. Your yarn choice is lovely. I am crazy about wool. Sometimes I buy wool only to have it in my hands. Crazy, isn't it?
Your little snowguy is a cutie.
Hope you are fine and wish a wonderful day.
Hugs, Gabi

Marilyn said...

The shawl pattern is beautiful!
Frosty turned out cute.
I've always loved that flag pattern, but haven't stitched it......yet.
Marilyn

LindaLee said...

What a beautiful shawl you're stitching. Great job also. All the stitches look so uniform. The snowman also is so cute. Love the colors you used.
Have a great day.

Love'N My Stitches blog

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness Barbara! That shawl is drop dead gorgeous!!! Your little snowman is adorable! What a big project for the grands! Wow!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your snowman is adorable. I say stitch the overdyed floss any way you want. Beautiful yarns you picked up and your scarf is going to be stunning. I haven't stitched One Nation, but if you are on Instagram you could search for it and find some WIPS and/or finishes. Enjoy your week!

Laura said...

oh wow! That shawl is stunning already!! Gorgeous color too!! Love the snowman and the Pledge project is going to be fabulous when completed - very awesome of you to do for her!