Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Here Comes February

In all it's glory.  Went for a walk with the two little rugrats this morning around their neighborhood to see all the interesting flowers that we have blooming down here and the boys were disappointed that we only saw white and pink flowers.  They were all azaleas which are in full bloom.  What I wouldn't give for some sweet smelling lilacs.  Oh the mind wanders.....

I do have a new finish to share.  I decided it's my Valentine's Day ornie and it's from Shepherd's Bush.  I love how all (or most) of my ornaments are all round and the same size since I started using cd's on the inside.  Some would call that boring.....I call it easy.  LOL


Speaking of rugrats here are all 3 of them acting like goofs for their Mother.


I don't know if all of you saw the new Blackbird Design called "Frosty's Night Out" but that's what I've been working on  for several days.  I know I've said this before but it can't be said too much....I HATE OVERDYED COTTON THREADS.  I hate how you have to cross each stitch one at a time and my stitches never look nice.  Here's an example:


I just wish I had done the stitching with DMC and quit trying to use these terrible threads.  I never have this problem if I use overdyed silks....just these cottons.  Anybody else have their stitching look weird or am I being a nitpicker?  Here's what Frosty will look like when he's finished.

Frosty's Night Out - Cross Stitch Pattern

They stitched him on 36ct. Murky linen but I'm using 28ct. Nocturne Cashel linen and I really like mine better.  I might end up doing him again in DMC and giving this one away as a gift.  I'll wait till it's finished and see.

Now here's a question for you.  I know some or maybe even most of you have seen the movie "My Fair Lady" starring Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn.  I've come across a shawl pattern that is called My Fair Lady and what I am wondering is what color should I do this in.  I'm leaning towards a very light pink because of the beginning of the movie where it shows all the pink peonies and roses.  What do ya'll think?  Suggestions please!

That's all for now.  I'm sure you're tired of reading about my complaining.  :o)  I want to thank each and every one of you for stopping by and reading about what's going on in my little world of stitching, crocheting and seeing my beautiful great-grand babies.

Blessings, Barbara



9 comments:

Barb said...

Those little guys are all just adorable!!I really think your Frosty looks good but if you are not happy then that is what counts. I think pink would be lovely for the shawl especially going into the early Spring.

marly said...

Adorable photo!! And finish! I love the look of the GAST but don't like to stitch one at a time. I never follow the proper method for single stitches and the corners pull every which way.

Sandra said...

If I don't have very many stitches in a row or column, maybe upto 10, then I just stitch as normal doing half the cross one way and the other half coming back. Unless your thread has a lot of colour difference you will hardly notice. If you hit a bit of thread that changes colour a lot, then just do each stitch completely for a while.

butterfly said...


OH love the little ones look like my GGC always fun to see them.
Great stitching , I do change the color of my threads to DMC sometimes but some charts need the over threads.
Love pink wool in the Spring and so many shades .
Enjoy your week.

Marilyn said...

Using a CD is a great idea to get the project nice & round.
The little GG's are all so cute, what a great pic.
I think your Frosty looks good.
Yes, a Pink or a Rose color would be pretty.
How is Peyton doing?
Keeping her in my thoughts.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Your SB finish is very sweet Barbara! So are your GGC! You know I agree with pink!! :)

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty SB finish you created, Barbara! I love the picture of your three rugrats. Hope Peyton is doing well. I think your snowman piece looks okay. I am not a rule follower when stitching with overdyed cottons. Unless it is wildly variegated, I used The Copper Fox's mismatched method. You can find it here, https://thecopperfox.blogspot.com/2016/03/how-to-stitch-with-variegated-thread.html.

Cathy said...

Your rugrats are adorable and I'm sure they're also a handful! I do all my stitching by doing one cross at a time even with DMC--it's just the way I learned and I haven't been able to change.

diamondc said...

Barbara: They are adorable little sweethearts, oh so cute.
I do not stitch one at a time I go all the way with one half of the cross and come back with the other half, I have never had a problem with the look of the thread.
Your threads look like they are laying nicely.
Your Shepherds Bush is so sweet, I have never thought of using cds to do a circle finish, thank-you for the tip.

Catherine