Saturday, May 25, 2019

My corner of the world

I don't know what is the matter with me lately but I'm just so depressed.  Maybe it's because I don't have enough hands to do everything I want to work on.  I knit on the baby's blanket every chance I get in the car.  Most of the time it's when Peyton is driving and we're going to Disney World.  We live at the north west side of Orlando and that's way at the bottom in a different county so I usually get quite a few rows finished by the time we get there.  

I worked in my sewing room today and finished two new project bags.  I'm kitting up some patterns and I love using these.

This one was made using mini charm squares designed by Blackbird Designs for Moda.  I did a small machine embroidery on the bottom corner.  I love the colors in this one.


This is a fabric I found at Sewing Studio and the colors just popped right out at me.  It's a little larger than I usually make but that's good because I have a large project coming up and this will come in handy.

This is a pack of mini charm squares with two coordinating fabrics that will be made into a project bag.  I love violets and these color combinations are stunning.

This picture is of my angel not being an angel.  She decided to tear the stuffings out of her ball.  Needless to say the ball went bye bye.

And here she is on my stitching chair thinking that I don't need to sit down.....there's plenty of other chairs I can use.  She's a stinker.  LOL


Was over at Peyton's and John's this afternoon and Little John has gotten his very own motorcycle helmet which he had to show me.  He loves motorcycles and I swear he's going to be a daredevil when he grows up.


Ya'll know about me stitching Rapunzel, well I thought I would work my way up to such a large design.  This one is the design she created to celebrate her 25th years as a cross stitch designer and it's called Portrait of Antique Vines.  I'm stitching it on a 28ct very pale green Jobelan with the recommended Waterlillies.  I hate using DMC black so I'm using Rainbow Galleries Splendor Silk for that.  There are black beads and 3 treasures to be added so I'm sure this is going to be as spectacular as all her other designs are.

And for a laugh:

Well that's all that's going on in my part of the world.  I'm glad you stopped by to see what I've been up to and I hope I made your day a little brighter.  

Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, your project bags look fabulous. Portrait of Antique Vines is looking good; you are off to a fabulous start. Thinking of you!

Marilyn said...

Very pretty project bags.
Love that peacock!
Little John is too cute in his very own helmet.
Hope you feel better soon.
Have a great Memorial weekend!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh your project bags are so pretty. Vallie! So naughty! Oh Barbara. That scares me seeing Little John like that.

gracie said...

Wonderful fabric and projects. Take a deep breath.....again....

marly said...

Wow. What a peacock! Gorgeous colors.

Your little stinker is such a cutie.

Barb said...

All your projects look great. I have had my share of very frustrating projects lately. I am making a chair pad for the 3rd time!!! UG!! Hope you feel more cheerful soon. sometimes it just takes time.