Monday, May 20, 2019

A Finish and a Tantrum

I'm so happy you could stop in today to see what I've been up to.  Remarkably I have another finish and this one is from With Thy Needle and Thread.  I stitched it on 28ct. willow jobelan with DMC floss and the name of the design is "Strawberries and Stripes".  It's going to be finished into an ornament as soon as I get around to it.  


Now for my tantrum rant.  I'm thinking maybe some of you are followers of Games of Thrones and possibly as mad as I am about the series finale.  I can't believe how much time they put into this season and they couldn't come up with a better story line and ending.  I knew Dany had to die but I thought it would be by Tyrion's hand not Jon's.  Also the part of Bran just creeps me out and I'm not sure about him being king.  Another thing that botherered me was Tyrion being made The Hand to the king but Jon who is really the true king was banished to the north and never allowed to get married.  I was sad to see some of the characters get killed off but that's happened for the entire 8 seasons.  People come and go but this one the writer's really should of taken a second look at it before submitting it for production.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is very upset about the ending but it's over and done with.  

I've started watching The Spanish Princess and Chernobyl and I'm finding them pretty interesting.  I'm finding it amazing how the USSR treated this accident and how they did nothing to help the people that lived near by.  

Well enough of my ranting on about a tv show that's over.  Guess things like this get under a person's skin and you just have to rant and rage to get over it.  

Have a wonderful week filled with lots of love and kindness from family and friends.
Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Laura said...

What an adorable finish - that is soooo pretty!!! Can't wait to see how you FFO it :) Thank you for sharing :)

Vickie said...

Strawberries and Stripes is really cute!

Marilyn said...

Cute finish!
Marilyn

Barb said...

Now you are making me glad I did not watch that show! I hate bad endings!! I do love that little stitched piece. It is so cute and I love the strawberries!

marly said...

What a sweet design! I am one of ten people who never watched GOT, don't have HBO. I have read a lot of disappointment about the ending though. Maybe one day I will see it.

diamondc said...

Barbara: I understand your rant, I have watched different series and hate the finish, I did not watch Game Of Thrones, but I hear from so many how they hated the ending, maybe I need to buy the series and watch it.
Your new finish is beautiful, I love the colors.
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely piece you stitched! I look forward to seeing it in finished form. I don't have an opinion on Game of Thrones because I am probably one of a few who hasn't seen any of it. But I will rant along with you about how they wrap up some series that have ended. Have a good day, Barbara!