Sunday, August 21, 2016

Very Nice Day

Peyton and John invited us to go with them to De Leon Springs but the only bad part was that we had to be at their house at 7 am.  Ugh!!!!

This is the old sugar mill which they have turned into a restaurant but only for breakfast.  You would not believe the line of cars waiting to get into this.  The attraction is their pancakes.  All you can eat and you make them yourselves on grilles in the middle of the table.


They are soooo good.  The batter comes out of the container very, very lumpy but there are no lumps in the pancakes after you make them.  That one stumps the cook in me because I can't figure out how they do this.
 There is swimming, canoeing, snorkeling and all kinds of fun water stuff to do but as always...this is Florida.

Watch where you tread.


A pretty little waterfall.  I only stuck my toes in the water but let me tell you, it was freezing since it's fed by a spring.  Water is very clear and inviting but not for this old lady.   I'll stick to dry land and keep my butt dry thank you very much.


No trip is complete without a picture of Little John waiting for his pancakes.  I think he ate more than I did.  I swear that child has hollow legs.

Hope you have a Blessed Sunday,
Barbara

5 comments:

marly said...

Oh my goodness is he ever adorable! I stay away from all you can eat, because I usually do.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a nice time.
Little John-too cute. :)
Marilyn

Barb said...

Good morning Barbara or whatever time of day it is there. How lovely to be taken to a place like that. I do not do mornings , well early ones anyway ,used to but not no more. Pancakes hmmmm,good job those are virtual as I cannot resist pancakes. I am lucky(well in a way )as Martin is highly allergic to eggs so I do not use them when he is around.
My goodness the little man is growing so quick, is that a touch of red in his hair. He will break some hearts later I am sure.
Lovely post Barbara but no stitching!
Take care of you
Your friend in the UK.

Vickie said...

What a wonderful day out! So pretty.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful adventure you had! Now, I have a hankering for pancakes. Enjoy your day, Barbara!