Today has been a very good day!!! I finished Rhonda's Ort Bag and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.....I hope she is too. I changed the finishing a little bit from what the designer called for but only because I have ways of doing things that I know work for me and I really didn't want to try anything new with something this major. I've taken pictures so you can see the process I went thru to construct this beautiful bag.
First I separated the cross stitched panels and xeroxed one of them to get a template for the Pellon.
I then ironed on the Pellon on the lining pieces as well as the cross stitches pieces.
I then basted the edges around to the back on all 8 pieces and then pressed them to get nice sharp edges on all pieces.
Here you see all the pieces with the lining sewn unto the backs of all the cross stitched pieces as well as the bottom piece.
I started by stitching the bottom of all the pieces unto the square bottom piece. After that, all the sides were stitched together on the outside.
Here you can see the finished piece with the twisted braid woven thru the loops.
As you can see, by stitching it together on the outside as the designer said to do, you really have a nice crisp edge on the bag. I'm going to make one of these for my daughter, Jenn, but make it with Mirabilia patterns which she loves. I'm thinking of the petite designs she has of the flower girls....still working on that idea and hope to have one started by fall.
Well now that I've finished this it's on to something new. I'm thinking of a BBD design since I have their new book or maybe an Easter design. Decisions.....decisions.....
I hope all of you are having a great week and that all your stitches lay perfectly.
Blessings as always,
Edited to include my WIPocalypse for March. Not much done on the Fallen Roses but I have finished other ones on my list which can be found under the page above. Thank you