Thursday, January 20, 2011

BBD Flowers of the Field finished.....

 I finally finished this Blackbird Design called Flowers of the Field today.  There's a pincushion that goes with it, but these colors were so pale that now I need something brighter to stitch.  One thing I love about BBD is that they always give you great finishing directions.  The only thing I had trouble with was the cotton rickrack that they called for.  I can't find it anywhere in my area so I'm gonna have to go looking on the net.  Instead of using that, I coffee dyed some cotton lace and I think it turned out really well in matching the R&R linen I used for the design.  
The finished piece measures about 7 x 8 inches so it's a nice generous size.  I'm not the best when it comes to buttonholes even though my Viking sewing machine does everything for you....it's just that with the problem I have with my hands, it makes it a little "shakie" but these turned out really well.  All in all, I'm very pleased with the piece.
My next project will be a Sweetheart Tree so stay tuned.
As always, Barbara

7 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Swooning over this piece Barbara, gorgeous! New blog background too, and BLUE, you're such a rebel, but in a good way:) Have a great day, send us some heat will ya plz, it's 18 here, brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Barbara said...

Sue, not to rub it in or anything, but it's suppose to reach 76 here today. I really do want some colder weather. I complain about it, but it does make for better sleeping. I am always changing the colors on my blog. I'm as indecisive about that as I am about my stitching. I just can't make up my mind what I want it to look like. LOL
Sending some warmer temps your way.....Barbara

Scrap said...

that is just beautiful ! love it !
elegant ! gorgeous

Carolyn said...

As always, dear friend, BEAUTIFUL, both stitching and finishing! You are such an inspiration to me, and I love seeing what you stitch and finish. So purdy! Love your new blog look, too! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Great piece Barbara, I love it!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous piece! I love the lace.

Patty C. said...

It turned out beautifully !!