I finally finished this Blackbird Design called Flowers of the Field today. There's a pincushion that goes with it, but these colors were so pale that now I need something brighter to stitch. One thing I love about BBD is that they always give you great finishing directions. The only thing I had trouble with was the cotton rickrack that they called for. I can't find it anywhere in my area so I'm gonna have to go looking on the net. Instead of using that, I coffee dyed some cotton lace and I think it turned out really well in matching the R&R linen I used for the design.
The finished piece measures about 7 x 8 inches so it's a nice generous size. I'm not the best when it comes to buttonholes even though my Viking sewing machine does everything for you....it's just that with the problem I have with my hands, it makes it a little "shakie" but these turned out really well. All in all, I'm very pleased with the piece.
My next project will be a Sweetheart Tree so stay tuned.
As always, Barbara