Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweetheart Tree La Fleur.....question....

 What you see above is what I have stitched on this design.  Now you can tell from the below picture, that this is suppose to have the flower in the center but that's where I'm stumped.  I want to turn this into a biscornu so I can't stitch the center design.  I would love to hear suggestions on what I should do to accomplish this.  Also, the fabric I am using is an overdyed grey green and I'm stitching it with an HDF silk called Salty Sea.  The design calls for these little blue button but the entire time I've been stitching this, it's reminded me of life under the sea.  So instead of these little blue buttons, I'm going to use pearls but I don't know if I should use cream or white.   What do you think?  Also I'm going to use a mother of pearl button for the center.  
I love her original design but it just wasn't working for me.  Ever have this happen to you or am I just weird?  LOL
As always, Barbara

4 comments:

Kristina said...

definitely cream pearls and i like the idea of just a pearl button and no design at all in the middle.

Lee said...

I agree with kristen definitely cream white would be too stark and take the eye not blend on.
look forward to seeing the finished piece

Cath said...

I'd use the chart for the flower buds and put them in the corners to fill it out a bit . Def cream pearls , not white . X

~ Sue ~ said...

Barbara, I have to agree with Kristina. I think just the pearl button in the center would be perfect. I had almost the same thing to deal with just a few weeks back and I omitted the center design, replaced it with a button and it looked great! Of course, it wasn't as detailed your your Biscornu but the concept was the same. And as I said, it look great. Good luck on making your decision.