Sunday, June 28, 2020

Red Winter Gift and Shawl

Hello my fellow stitchers and I hope I'm finding you in good health.....physically and mentally.  My mental health has flown the coop and I'm running on batteries that have long lost their power.  I don't know what upsets me more....the Coronavirus or the unhealthy state that our country is in. I cannot believe that we are allowing criminals to tear down our historic statues and that they are getting away with it.   Both has me madder than a wet hen but there's nothing I can do about either one.  

I have finished the lady part of Red Winter Gift and it's looking pretty nice on the snowflake fabric.  I'm changing a lot of the dmc colors to silks because......well just because.  I've stitched a few Mirabilia designs but this one for some reason I am enjoying more.  It might be the bright colors or the subject....Christmas....but it's been fun to stitch.



My Halloween shawl is coming along.  I'm now in to the dark red portion of the yarn cake and heading home to the black.  I think I'm going to order a ball of just the black and made the edging a little bit wider.  I think the size of this shawl can carry it with no problem.  In case you are wondering what pattern I am using, it's called "Hourglass" and you can find it on Ravelry.


Summer has hit Orlando with full force and it's so humid you can barely stand it.  I know I have yard work to do but I just can't stand the heat very much as I get older.  Peyton and I took  the kids to Sea World the other day but we didn't stay very long.  We have season tickets and they come in handy.  Not too many people were there and you had to wear your mask unless you were eating or drinking.  They also had shady rest areas where you could take your mask off.  At least they are giving people a chance to relax and enjoy while out in that heat.  We ran into a family from Pennsylvania and they couldn't believe how hot it was.  We told them they were lucky that they were there before July, August and September hit.  

Everyone  please stay safe and healthy this summer and say a prayer that the hurricanes we are sure to get are mild ones.  

Blessings, Barbara

5 comments:

marly said...

Now that's a different sort of Christmas stitch. Not what I usually see and it's striking in its simplicity. I like it!

Marilyn said...

Red Winter Gift is so pretty & colorful.
And that shawl! Love the colors.
My friend is supposed to go to Fl for hernia surgery, but she's sure it was be cancelled......again.
It was cancelled before Covid, then of course during Covid, & now maybe again because of more cases.
She's in pain, but it's not considered essential!
Take care.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made good progress on the Red Winter Gift stitch, Barbara. And your shawl is looking stunning. What a gorgeous yarn that is! Glad you were able to enjoy a bit of Sea World with Peyton and the kids! I am with you on the state of our country and the virus. When will it end?

Vickie said...

Oh what a gorgeous piece you are stitching Barbara!! I agree. Our country is is so messed up right now. If everyone would just start with getting their masks on, that is a start. This is SO out of control!

Barb said...

I love both the stitch and the shawl. I feel your pain. We lived in Orlando, actually Lake Mary,many years ago and my dear sister came to visit and we spent 12 to 14 hours at Disney. I thought we might all die! My son who was 7 actually cried a begged to go home before the electric parade. My sister would have none of that. I am so with you about our situation in this country. I never thought I would live to see a time when people wanted police departments done away with. It seems like the whole country has really gone crazy!