Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Bored Bored Bored

I have discovered something.  When I have the decision of whether or not I want to go someplace I feel good and want to do a lot of stitching.....BUT when someone tells me I can't go anyplace then I can't find anything interesting to do.  Am I the only one?

I did stitch The Drawn Thread's freebie "Be Well" and finished it up today into a coaster for my tea cup.  Here it is all finished.





I came across something interesting at The Fat Quarter Shop.  They are hosting a SAL and the price is really quite reasonable.  This is a shop exclusive cross stitch design and is very spring looking.

Feels Like Home Mystery Downloadable PDF Cross Stitch Pattern Series | Fat Quarter Shop Exclusive

Here is the web page if you are interested in joining. 


I went to Costco today at 7 am and found the line already forming.  My hubby and I are okay with everything we need but the kids needed some TP and paper towels.  They had a policewoman there in case anything got out of hand but everyone acted accordingly and it went smoothly.  

My hubby has gone on disability because his doctor does not want him around anyone until this pandemic is over.  He has no immune system to speak of so he wouldn't be able to fight this virus very well.  Every time I leave I wear a mask and as soon as I get home I take a hot shower.  So far we have been making it work with him working from home and it's great that his company is allowing it.  Where he works is considered "essential" because they have government contracts that must be finished on time.  

I hope every one has been in good health and have had no complications from this virus.  I say prayers every night for the families who have lost loved ones  and are going thru terrible times.  Please stay well and I send my blessings to each and every one of my readers.  I might not comment on many blogs but I do get inspiration from all of you and I thank you for that.  We as a town, city, state, country and world will get thru this with God's help.

Blessings, Barbara

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I feel the same way.
I have enough to keep me busy, but most doesn't interest me right now.
Can't hop in the car & go many places, so it gets boring.
The coaster is beautiful, great idea.
Looks like a pretty SAL.
Glad your husband can work from home where it's much safer for him.
Take care.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

What a wonderful coaster Barbara! My husband works from home also. I am glad you are keeping safe.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Be Well stitch is lovely and I love it as a coaster, Barbara. I am glad your husband is able to stay home and work. You hit it on the head when you said things aren't interesting because your choice of being able to go has been removed. And you are right, we will get through this with God's support and help. Thinking of you!

marly said...

LOL!! It's like craving foods you don't really care about until you have to fast for a test! If we were told projects are banned for a week, we would be itching to work on them.

Hope you got the TP!! We haven't seen any for weeks.

Pam in IL said...

So glad you are doing well and staying as safe as possible. We are doing ok. Both Hubby and I are essential employees and still working outside the home. All the stores here have lines of people waiting to get in. Most of the stores have also adopted a one cart, one person policy. We have been able to find TP and paper towels when needed, but most of the time the shelves are bare.

I love your Be Well finish and I'm going to check out the Fat Quarter Shop Sal.

Take Care!

Bethan said...

I have so many projects to work through that I just sit in a bit of a choice freeze and end up doing nothing! Ah well. I'm sure we will have plenty of time to get into a bit of a groove with this (that's both a good and a bad thing!). Your coaster is absolutely lovely x

Barb said...

I think we are all the same. I basically like being home but now I just want to go somewhere, I don't even know where!!!! I wish the very best for you and your DH. He is lucky to have you to do all the shopping. My SIL is doing the same for her parents who are in their 80's.

Sweet Sue said...

sending love to you and family...