Friday, November 29, 2019

I'm Nuts and Exhausted

Who ever came up with the idea of Black Friday should be taken out behind the woodshed and horse whipped.  But then I'm crazy for even trying to do it.  

Yesterday we had a grand time at Peytons for Thanksgiving and the laughs were in abundance.  The boys were excited and Evelyn tried to look excited but couldn't because she couldn't enjoy any of the goodies.  After that we went home for a much needed nap and then after that we went to this year's ICE show at the Gaylord Palms.  This year's them was Polar Express and I was very impressed with it.  It's a balmy 9 degrees in there so that's why everyone was bundled up.



Let's start with Evelyn who just couldn't get enough of the bright lights and you can see how bundled up she is.  Her cheeks and nose are so rosey.


Then we have Zane coming down the ice slide.  Yes I did this twice and wow was my butt cold.


This is looking at the Polar Express as it winds up around the slides.


This was as you first went in.  The large locomotive I swear was as large as a real one and the man standing there was warning all the children not to put their tongues on the ice.  Everything in the exhibit is made of ice and it took 60,000 man hours to create and the ice was brought in from 3 different companies.  It is truly amazing.

Tomorrow is the last piece of the SAL from Jardin Prive and I'm all caught up so far.  After I finish tomorrow's I will post a picture of it.  I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it.....any ideas?

Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

marly said...

What a adorable baby! I did not realize the amount of time and ice involved and it looks like an amazing outing.

I did my shopping online with in store pickup.

Barb said...

Evelyn is sure a cutie!! What a fun idea for all you Floridians to visit the Polar Express!!

diamondc said...

Barbara: Evelyn is adorable, what fun that slide must have been, I would try it for sure.
Your SAL is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing the finished design.

Have a lovely weekend

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Baby Evelyn is so cute.
Polar Express looks awesome!
Glad you had fun.
That is a pretty SAL, not sure on a finish, maybe a long pillow?
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

I was wondering if you went to the ice show. Great pictures! It sounded like you had a good Thanksgiving. No Black Friday shopping for me other than a few stops made via online. Enjoy your weekend, Barbara!

Vickie said...

Wow! 9 degrees!!! You are nuts Barbara! ;) That looks like a LOT of fun!