Saturday, November 2, 2019

Great Memories

Hello kiddies.  Hope ya'll had a great Halloween with lots of your favorite candies....Almond Joy here.  We had the kids all decorated up and here's the 3 little munchkins in all their glory.

Evelyn in her Belle costume from Beauty and the Beast.....


Zane as Catboy from PJ Masks and Little John as Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon.  Zane looks so short standing next to Little John.  I have a new nick name for Zane.....Zanie.  Fits him perfectly.

At their church they had a pumpkin farm with games and such for the children.  It was really sweet.




Then today they had their birthday party for both of the boys.  Little John was having trouble holding up 4 fingers and he thought it was hilarious that his teeth were black from the icing on their cake.  Zane was not allowing any pictures of him be taken.  Every time I would try and take a picture of him, he'd turn his back.  Now you know why I call him Zanie.


I was able to finish one of Erica Michaels Berry Collection.  This one is the quaker one and I stitched it on a pink linen using a burgundy silk thread.  I filled it with crushed walnut shells with a layer of batting at the top to make it easier to gather the edges and close it.  I like the weight of the shells and it really does make the shape better.  Word of warning....I used featherweight fusible interfacing on the inside of the berry so that it holds it shape better and the crushed walnut shells do not dirty the linen.  I find this helps a lot.


I guess tonite we set our clocks back one hour and if you're like me you hate it.  I don't like making dinner in the dark (hubby doesn't get home from work much before 7 pm).  Busy week coming up with lots of doctor appointments for everyone.  Peyton did see a new doctor for her TN and we have great hopes of him being able to help her.   Everything is crossed and prayers being said.

Have you ever had a project that you were just dieing to start but you know that once you start it you'll be over whelmed and probably never finish it.  Well I do and it's Mirabilia's Rapunzel.  I want so badly to stitch this for Evelyn's bedroom but I just know it will probably be a waste of my time, fabric, threads and beads.  A lot of her designs can be made smaller just by not stitching some of the design but this one would be a problem doing that.  I guess that one of these days I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and take a chance on it.  

Well that's all that's occupying my mind and world at the moment.  I hope all of you survive the first week of the clocks being turned back.  I always have trouble for about a week and then it seems to level out.  Cooler weather has finally arrived here in Florida .....HIP HIP HOORAY....although the air conditioner is still running.   

Blessings All Around, Barbara

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Barbara: Your grandchildren are adorable.
Happy Birthday to both the boys.
Good luck with the new doctor, I hope it works out for Peyton.
Your berry is beautiful, I do use crushed walnut shells, I took a class with Betsy Morgan in July, she said she interfaces all her projects, I do also, it makes the fabric look so nice plus you do not need to add a lining which we all know can bunch up.
It has been cold here in Minnesota.
Have a lovely week.

Vickie said...

The grands are just precious Barbara! And the boys are another year older?! I am praying for Peyton and her doctor. What a lovely berry! That tip about the fusible web is great! Thank you! Because I had come to hate working with crushed walnut shells!! It is pretty cold up here in Wisconsin already with SNOW Barbara!!

Marilyn said...

The boys are too cute in their costume,s & Evelyn is so pretty.
Look at that smile on Zane's face!
Happy Birthday to both.
Prayers for Peyton too.
That is a very pretty Mirabilia.
Your Quaker Berry is beautiful.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, thank you for sharing the pictures of your grands. They are adorable and growing up so fast. Happy Birthday wishes sent to Little John and Zane! Your Quaker berry turned out beautifully. Love it! Thank you for the tip about the lightweight interfacing! I wish they would pick one or the other regarding the time change and stop monkeying around.

marly said...

How sweet the grands are!! Hard to believe he is four already.

Could you do the Mirabilia in sections? If you set a goal to complete one at a time and set aside, maybe that would help? That chart is gorgeous!

Would love to be in FL and still running the air!!

Barb said...

The children all look adorable!! What a sweet costume for the baby! I am so impressed with your strawberry!! I have never tried one, are they difficult?

Bethan said...

Gorgeous pictures of your grandchildren. I hope Peyton's doctors appointment went/goes well x