Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Hello my stitching friends.  We had some anxious moments last week involving Evelyn and I'm so glad it's past.  Peyton and John had noticed that she was staring off into space and when Peyton tickled her tummy she didn't move or blink.  She tried several different things  to get her to react and nothing was happening.  Finally she blinked and was okay.  Peyton called the Pediatrician and he wanted her taken down to the hospital for some tests.  They took blood and discovered that her ammonia level was a little high and they wanted to do a spinal tap but couldn't get enough fluid.  What they ended up doing was an ultrasound on her brain and an EEG.  They kept the machine on her for about 12 hours and it showed nothing wrong so they released her.  If this happens again, they are to take video of it to show the Neurologist.  Here's our sweetheart hooked up to the EEG machine and she was such a good little girl about all this happening to her.


I want to thank Barb again for loaning me the Blackbird Design.  I stitched it up and it was such a fun stitch I think I finished it in record time.  It's stitched on a hand dyed 32ct  Jobelan and I didn't use the hand dyed fibers....just plain old DMC.  I love how it turned out and now I have to decide how I want it finished.  Decisions....Decisions.


Today Peyton, the kids and I all went to Disney World and had a fantastic time.  On the way home I happened to look back at Zane and found him asleep like this.   This little boy cracks me up because he won't keep shoes or socks on.  If you're having trouble making it out....he's asleep with a bare foot in each cup holder on the sides of his car seat.


Well that was my two weeks and I'm glad that everything turned out okay for Evelyn.....I got to finish a project......and had a great time on a day trip to Disney.  I hope all of your days were spent doing something you love surrounded by people that love you.

Blessings, Barbara



7 comments:

marly said...

My great nephew's son won't wear socks, and for six months, no underwear!

Glad all came back OK with baby E. How scary.

I used Jobelan for many projects years ago, great fabric.

Vickie said...

Little baby Evelyn is in my prayers. I like your new finish Barb. Your picture of sleeping Zane is so cute. ;)

Robin in Virginia said...

Darling new finish, Barbara! Love the shot of Zane sleeping! Glad that Evelyn is okay. Keeping her in my prayers!

diamondc said...

Barbara: I am so happy to hear nothing is wrong, I am sad that she had to go through such an ordeal.
Oh my if I could only sleep in the car, he looks so comfortable.
This is such a pretty design.
Thank-you for sharing with us.

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Prayers for sweet Evelyn that it doesn't happen again.
She's adorable.
Zane is too funny, hoe he sleeps, I guess whatever makes you comfortable!
Your BB piece is beautiful.
Marilyn

Barb said...

I am so happy things turned out well for Evelyn. She looks so sweet in that picture! What a fun photo of Zane, kids can be so funny! Your finished design looks so pretty and I am so glad I was able to help. Now I need to get busy myself. I have to do little Hannah's Christmas ornament first. I have made her one each year and she will turn 7 in June. Where does time go ???!!

Simple Pleasure said...

So sorry to hear about Missy Evelyn's ordeal...prayers will be shared! Your Blackbird stitch is lovely...What is the pattern name...I would love to secure and stitch this beauty!
Warm regards,
Patricia