Sunday, September 29, 2019

Some Finishes

I've been a very busy bee and was able to finish not 1 but 2 designs.  I really don't know what's gotten into me but I'll take it.  This doesn't happen very often.

The first one is "Let It Bee" by The Drawn Thread.  I framed it myself and it's been so long since I framed anything it took me quite a while.  I don't know if you're like me but I always question my framing.  Is it centered?  Does the frame look right?  So many questions with no answers.


The second one is the pumpkin from the Hands On Design called "Autumn Skies".  I tried so many places to find wool felt that matched the oranges in the design but just had no luck.  I finally found this large checked flannel and decided to go with that.  I don't think it looks too bad and I can always say I put my own spin on the finishing but I really wanted an orange pumpkin.


I think fall is finally finding it's way south.  I noticed that the rain trees on our block are turning red and orange and that's a good sign that cooler weather is on the way.  Makes me happy because Peyton, I and the kids are going to Disney these next 2 weeks and it's a lot more pleasurable when the temps aren't in the high 90's.  

Since we don't have the beautiful changing of the leaves that you lucky people in the north have.  Peyton was living in Virginia for 4 years with her father and stepmother who was going to college up there.  She asked me one year what I wanted for Christmas and I always made sure it was something she could do on her own.  I asked for a small frame with leaves in it to remind me of the beautiful colors of fall.  This is what she sent me and I have it out all year long to remind me of her love and the colors of nature.


Also, I just started the beautiful Blackbird Designs chart that sweet Barb was wonderful enough to lend me.  The design calls for it to be stitched on 40ct. linen and you know how much I just love that so mine is being stitched on a larger count fabric and mine will not be a pincushion.  I'll show a picture of it once I have more stitched on it.  Until then.....

Blessings All Around, Barbara

6 comments:

Barb said...

I think you did a great job on the finishing . The framed piece looks lovely and I love that plaid with the pumpkins! It is very Fall like. What a sweet gift from Peyton!

Gabi said...

Great job. The busy bee looks wonderful in that frame. The pumpkin plaid looks great. Like it!
What a lovely gift from Peyton. It's really a treasure.
Hugs from Germany

Marilyn said...

Let It Bee is so pretty in that frame, it looks good.
Cute Pumpkin finish too.
What a treasure from Peyton, those are the best gifts.
Have fun at Disney.
I hope it cools down for you, we are going to have the hot, humid weather this week!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

You did a wonderful job framing it Barbara! I like the bee you added to the frame. The Pumpkin Patch is very cute!

diamondc said...

Barbara: You did a beautiful job framing the Bee, I love the plaid fabric, putting your own spin on a design is something I like to do.
The framed leaves are beautiful, Peyton did a lovely job of framing, I would leave it out all year myself.
I hope you have perfect weather for Disney.

Catherine

marly said...

Let it Bee is fabulous. Perfect frame and the background lattice design makes it so interesting.