Wednesday, April 24, 2019

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and didn't eat too much candy.  I didn't make up baskets for the kids this year so we just bought each one a toy.  Better for their teeth and general health.  We did have a lovely dinner with them at their house.  Peyton makes a fantastic lasagna and I brought the salad.  We had a wonderful time but then we always do with them.

I have a finish to share with you.  It's another Hands On Design project and this one is called "Summer Night, The House On A Hill".  I stitched it on a light grey 28ct. Jobelan but I didn't have enough to make the band that is on the sides so I stitched the scissor fob on the back and placed the words going around it with my initials and date.  I don't think it turned out too too bad.  The pattern came with the WDW Overdyed Wool that is below the house.  I love how that part looks.



Now to find something new to stitch.  I must get back to the Cricket Nativity soon so I have them finished for this year's Christmas.  I thought and thought (got a headache) trying to come up with something to stitch for this new little girl's bedroom and make it something that she can keep.  I've decided to stitch "Rapunzel" by Mirabilia.  I have my LNS order the beads and treasures for me and that will be my large project for next year.  Here's what she looks like....

Rapunzel - Cross Stitch Pattern

I'm not sure if the colors will remain the same....must talk that over with Peyton but I just love this design.

I will leave you with a chuckle...


All My Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely pillow and finish .

Marilyn said...

Your Hands On piece is so cute.
Yes, I love that wool for grass too.
OMG! I cna't wait to see your progress on Rapunzel, she will be beautiful!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

I love how you stitched and finished the Hands On piece, Barbara. Well done! Glad you had a beautiful Easter with your family!

Vickie said...

Oh your HOD piece is so sweet. Barbara! Wow! I am very impressed that you will take on Rapunzel for the little one! Quite the project.

diamondc said...

Barbara: Your new design is lovely, I do like the herringbone fabric it is perfect.
The Hands On Designs are getting to be so sweet.
Cathy Haberman is one of our teachers this year at Needlework Guild retreat, I am looking forward to meeting her.
I hope you had a Blessed Easter.
Repunzel is stunning.

Catherine

Barb said...

That will be beautiful for a girl's room!

Pam in IL said...

Your finish is lovely! I like Repunzel for a little girls room and look forward to seeing your finish.