Saturday, September 22, 2018

Autumn

Good day ladies and here's hoping the first day of Autumn finds you in good cheer.  I love the colors of Autumn but unfortunately I have to get my fill through photos and not in person.  Florida just doesn't have the beautiful fall colors that I'm use to from Pennsylvania.  I can still see in my minds eye the mountains when they change color and it's Mother Nature at her best.  Oh the lucky ones who see this out their front door!

I've been working hard on Garland Fair and I'm coming down to the last 1/3 of the chart.  I'm taking Terri's advice and counting and recounting my stitches so I come out at the end where I'm suppose to be.  This is what I have finished so far and I must tell you I love working with the DMC Variations threads.  They have some stunning colors.


Have you heard that DMC is coming out with some colors with sparkle added to them?  I can't wait to see these in person.  Imagine them added to Christmas or Halloween designs to give it that extra punch.  Here are the colors they are coming out with.  I know I'll be haunting my Joann's until they get some in.  I understand that they will be available online in October but I hate paying shipping charges.


I was bitten by the fabric bug the other day and picked up some real cuties for project bags.  The two at the top I did buy online just because I couldn't find them here in Orlando and I have a dear friend who enables me a lot with pictures of fabric.  You know who you are.....Linda.  They are for knitting bags.



I baby sat Zane last nite till late so today I'm pretty bushed.  I didn't get to bed till after Midnite and that's wayyyyyyy past my bedtime.  I was babysitting him so Peyton and John could take Little John to the Disney World where they have made a fun haunted house for ages 2 to 8.  They were to come in costume and here's out big boy dressed up like one of his favorite characters....Cat Boy.  For those who have no idea who Cat Boy is, he is one of the characters in the kids show PJ Masks.  At nite these little kids turn into super heros wearing their pj's.  Cute right?


Well that's all for now.  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and for those that were in the hurricane's path, I hope your damage was minimal.

Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Garland Fair is so very pretty. Oh my, Little John is just precious!!

diamondc said...

Barbara: He is adorable, I love that he was able to get dressed up before Halloween.
I love varigated threads they add so much depth to a design.
Your fabric choices are lovely.

Catherine

marly said...

Cat Boy is as cute as can be. Hope he had fun.

Did not know about the new threads, we don't even have the variegated here so I doubt we will see them.

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Yes, autumn is a great season - so colorful. Too bad that this is not the case in Florida.
Yes, I also heard of the Funkelgarn, I'm curious if it works well. And for Christmas it would be nice.
Great progress at Garland Fair.
And a lovley litte Cat-Boy.
Greetings Martina

Marilyn said...

Garland Fair is so pretty, love that color.
Love those fabrics for bags.
Cat Boy is too cute.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy Autumn to you, Barbara! We have seen tiny glimpses of fall here, but I have a feeling the colors aren't going to be as nice this year. You have made fabulous progress on Garland Fair. Oh my goodness, Cat Boy is adorable.