Wednesday, August 22, 2018

No News Yet

Well Peyton had her MRI yesterday and so far we haven't heard a peep from the neurologist.  Does that mean it's good news?  I saw her today and she said the numbness is spreading to her forehead now and I'm really getting scared.  I can't thank you all enough for all the prayers that are being said on her behalf and I thank each and every one of you.  God Bless You All.  As soon as we hear anything I will be sure to post on here what the problem is and the prognosis.

My DH surprised me with a beautiful pincushion holder the other day and I thought I'd share it with you.  It's made of bubinga wood and it's stunning.  It's about 5 inches across and about 1.5 inches deep.  Now all I have to do is decide on what design to put in it.




I also went back to working on a BBD project that I had put aside for awhile.  I'm really into it this time and I'm moving right along.  It's from one of the BBD quilting books and the design is called "A Simple Wish".  I thought it was appropriate to work on while I'm sitting here thinking of Peyton.



This is what I have finished so far.  I wasn't so sure of the colors and that's why I put it aside but the more I work on it, the more I love them.  Designers do know best!


Now some sad news about our baby, Vallie.  We think she is going blind.  She loves to play fetch with us and it seems that she has a very hard time finding the toy that we are playing with.  I've noticed that she won't jump down from chairs or the bed anymore either which tells me she's afraid and can't see.  She will be going to the vet to get a thorough examination to find out the reason but it breaks my heart.  We will just continue to love her no matter what the problem and pray for the best.

I FeeL LiKe I SHouLD CLEaN THe HouSe So i'M GoiNG To My CRaFT RooM To PLaY uNTiL THe FeeLiNG PaSSeS

I want to thank all of you for stopping by and sitting a spell.  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and get plenty of stitchie time and lots of laughter with family and friends.

Blessings, Barbara




10 comments:

gracie said...

Yes, keep us posted about Peyton. As for your sweet Vallie, I have a friend whose dog went blind and functioned really well. Use toys with a squeaky so she can follow the sound and just continue to be there and help her as you already do. Love Blackbird designs and that wooden holder is beautiful.

Barb said...

I hope Peyton hears soon it is always worrying playing the waiting game.Oh no such sad news of Vallie, give her a doggy hug from Effie and me. The Blackbird design is lovely, I have stitched many of their designs and love the colours they choose. The pinholder is lovely ,wood is so touchy feely if you know what I mean. Take care over there and hugs to all.

Terri Patillo said...

Prayers for Peyton!

Marilyn said...

Continued prayers for sweet Peyton, and also for Vallie, and YOU!
Take care.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

I hope that Peyton gets to hear from the neurologist soon? I am praying! So sorry to hear about little Vallie. Our Murphy is over half blind. It is hard for him and us.

Robin in Virginia said...

Continuing to offer prayers on Peyton's behalf. Will say a prayer for Vallie as well. Your Blackbird stitch is looking good.

blueladie said...

Adding my prayers for Peyton and admiring all the stitchy stuff in your post. Cathryn

Sweet Sue said...

xo

Barb said...

I have missed blogging for a few days. Hopefully you have good news about Peyton. She is still in my prayers. So sorry about your sweet dog. I agree about the colors on your pretty design. I have gotten into much trouble changing colors on a chart!

Bethan said...

Fingers crossed Peyton hears soon. Again, sending you all lots of good wishes for good news x