Thursday, August 16, 2018

Asking for Prayers

Our darling grand daughter, Peyton, is in need of prayers.  I went with her to the facial surgeon on Monday and he said after running some tests, that he had no idea what was wrong.  He said that if he had to make a guess, it would be a stroke or a tumor so she's going to a neurologist tomorrow.  I know he'll probably send her for an MRI and I'm just praying my heart out.  She woke up this morning with her right arm in a lot of pain and then it went down into her right leg.  I had 2 cousins who had MS so that runs in our family.  I just can't deal with her in pain......she means just so much to me.

I finished the Flag Lady but I'm not completely finished with the finishing.  Make sense?  :o)  But I have started something new.

It's the Old Crow by Heart in Hand.  I'm hoping you can see the variations in the HDF silk I am using because I just love it.  I'm stitching it on Primitive Gray by PTP and it's showing up beautifully.


Now to tell you about my new purchases of yarn.   Ahhhhh yarn, I could wrap myself up in it and just snuggle all day.  These first two were purchased from a company, Ancient Arts, who dyes yarns to match colors of dogs and cats.  Unbelievable right?  Plus you can purchase them in different weights which I like.
This first one is based on a
Orange Tabby Cat


and this one is a
Lilac Point Siamese


If you are interested in seeing some fantastic colors, here is their website:


This next yarn I purchased on Etsy from Juliespins who is a fantastic dyer.  This one is called "Pioneer Woman" and I see it as an old fashioned granny shawl.  It's a little lighter than sock weight so it should make a nice shawl for Florida in the winter time.



This next yarn I have high hopes for.  I came across it at Tuesday Morning near me which gets a shipment of yarn in every month and this time I came home with this.  It's a linen/cotton yarn that isn't very soft but I'm hoping that after knitting it  up and washing it, it will soften up some.....or so I've been told.


For Peyton
berni parker - Buscar con Google

Blessings, Barbara



12 comments:

Terri Patillo said...

Prayers for healing, relief from pain, and comfort for Peyton. The Good Lord Bless and Keep you all.

Marilyn said...

Prayers for sweet Peyton.
Marilyn

marly said...

Oh my. Please keep us updated.

Barb said...

I will certainly have many prayers for Peyton. Being a grandma too, I feel the pain you must be in.

MartinaM said...

I'm happy to include Peyton in my prayers, and keep both of you in my thoughts.
You have chosen wonderful wool, I like it all very well, especially the last cotton linen blend looks interesting.
Greetings, Martina

Vickie said...

Oh Barbara,I am so sorry to hear this news. I was hoping this was easily explained. I am glad she is seeing the neurologist tomorrow. I will keep praying.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lifting Peyton up in prayer! Thinking of you, Barbara!

Barb said...

Oh my dear Barbara, What a worry for you, I know of your love for your dear grandaughter, . Prayers are sent across the miles for you all, Please tell her so many of us out here are thinking of her.
Such lovely wool you have bought , you are just so clever with your shawls. Try and keep positive my dear. Your friend from over here.xx

Laura said...

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Laura

Debbye said...

Praying for good news about Peyton.

diamondc said...

Hi Barbara: I have added Peyton to my prayer chain, I hope it is only a little problem and not MS. so sorry to hear about this.
Love your new design you are working on it is so sweet.
Your yarn choice is amazing, next month I am learning how to knit, it will be interesting.

Catherine

Bethan said...

Lots of good thoughts and wishes for Peyton and you all. I love all the wool you have bought x