Saturday, January 20, 2018

A finish and a find

Good evening my sweet stitchers.  I so love passing on great info about things I have come across and this past week was one of them.  I have trouble with shoes fitting me correctly.  Mostly I wear different types of flip flops because they are easy to fit.  I don't own one pair of enclosed shoes that didn't kill my feet until I came across these.  You might of heard of them....they are called Tieks and I love them.  I came across them on Pinterest and did some digging and reading reviews and decided to purchase a pair.  I received them today and they are wonderful Italian leather that just forms to your feet.  They are hand made so they are a little pricey but if they fit and don't give me sores, to me they are worth it.  They come in a wide range of colors and patterns and I purchased the taupe color so they will go with anything but I'm thinking of buying some of the different colors.  Here's what they looked like when I opened the main box.
A pretty teal box with a flower wrapped around it.

The shoes inside folded in half.

They come with a little black bag so you can carry them in your purse.

They also come with a larger bag so that you can wear your flats to work or wherever and then carry your heels in the extra bag.

Unfolded and ready to wear

On my feet and loving them.  Here is the website if you are interested.

I have a finish to share with you.   I did the Hats off to Uncle Sam by BBD and wow was that a quick stitch.  After so many years of stitching I just don't have any shelf room left so I didn't make the wooden hat that they give directions for.  I also changed how I finished the pin drum.  I used a navy blue print and found a brass star that I tied on with some twine.  I filled it with crushed walnut shells and it has a nice weight to it.



My next project is by my friend Kathy at Hands On Designs.  It's called Pumpkin Spice Farm and I'm stitching it on 28ct. Sage Jobelan using the threads that came with it from Romy's Creations.  I had never stitched with these before and I'm finding them very nice.  I highly recommend them for any project.  Here's what I have finished so far:


It has some very pretty colors in it and I hope you can make them out in the picture.

Yesterday was a day of adventure.  Peyton, John, Little John, Zane, hubby and myself went to Disney Animal Kingdom.  Needless to say today I am exhausted.  We had lunch at the Rainforest cafe and Little John loved that.  At least once an hour they make it look like there is a thunderstorm happening inside the restaurant and he loved that.  The reason I wanted to go was to see the Pandora part that is made after the movie Avatar.  I so loved the colors in that movie and I wanted to see if Disney could duplicate them.  Boy did they ever.  We went on a boat ride inside caverns that had the most stunning colors I have ever seen.  I wasn't able to take any decent pictures and that broke my heart but I still have them in my memory.  We all were tired at the end of the day but it was a happy tired.  Today the aches and pains are letting me know I over did it.  I do have one or two pictures to share with you.  It's one of my hubby and myself standing outside the Pandora land....

....and the huge "tree of life" that has all different animals carved on it.  It's huge and very beautiful.

Well that was my weekend and Sunday will be a day of rest.  My body so needs it.  I hope you all have had a most fantastic weekend so far and that it continues right into next week.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out what I've been up to.
Blessings, Barbara





9 comments:

marly said...

Wow. That's a tree! Nice finish on your drum.

I've heard of Tieks and read the reviews. I have a problem with my heel slipping out of my shoes, don't know if these would work.

Marilyn said...

The shoes looks so comfy.
Your BB drum turned out nice.
Wow, looks like you all had a fun time at Disney Animal Kingdom.
It looks fantastic.
Marilyn

Bethan said...

A lovely finish, and it looks like you had a fantastic day out x

Vickie said...

I am so glad you found shoes that are comfortable for you Barbara. What a great finish. That is a great picture of you two!! :D

Barb said...

What a lovely day to remember Barbara, and I love the new stitch , the little vese next to your drum is just adorable ,drum too. Oh I was so happy to see the photo of you and hubby, he looks well after all his problems over the last couple of years. It is so nice to put a face to the name and you are and look such a lovely person. Shoes are difficult thing aren't they , I wear flip flops in the summer but it is too cold in the winter. I get how you feel about them though.I was told off by the podiatrist for wearing flip flops ,so when I go see her I make sure I have "sensible "shoes on. I have the three score years and ten looming and I am not looking forward to that, my hubby has bought me a Pandora bracelet, seems another mention that we both share . I am hoping to get a blog post done today or tomorrow so I no doubt will see you then, meanwhile take care and a doggy hug for Vallie and hugs from afar for you two.xx

Robin in Virginia said...

I love how you finished the Hats Off to Uncle Sam piece, Barbara. Well done! Also, you are off to a good start on Pumpkin Spice Farm. Your adventure sounded fabulous. I am not familiar with the shoes you talked about so off to look at the link you provided. Have a blessed day!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Shoes look comfy. Love the projects. The outdoor photos are pretty.

Sweet Sue said...

really cute finish, even cuter pic of you and hubs:) a day of rest with feet up, is a very good day... xo

Barb said...

Sounds like a wonderful family day. When we go to Alabama to see our grand children, we end up exhausted but happy each day. I love the BBD design. I think that is one I will try to do before Memorial Day when I set out all the patriotic things.