Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Finishes

Hello everyone.....I hope you are all staying warm if you're in the path of this wicked cold spell.  I actually had ice on my windshield last Wednesday morning and you know we all carry around an ice scraper here in Orlando.....NOT.  I just sat and waited for the car to warm up and myself also.  Dang it was cold!

I have two finishes to share with you today.  I finished stitching the Hands on Design in 2017 but I'm counting it as a 2018 finish because I just did the finishing work this morning.  Kathy had placed the fabric at the bottom but I didn't want this to be so long and skinny so I put mine on the side.  I found some buttons in my stash and added them....just because.


Then I stitched a small sampler by BBD called "Now I Know My ABC's" on a 30ct. Tin Roof linen using and HDF silk called Rum Cherry.  I wish I could get some more of this silk because I just fell in love with how it looked on this linen.  It's a hand dyed red with burgundy and black highlights and is stunning.  Unfortunately, Vikki has closed up shop.  I mounted it on a prefinished black wooden plaque and used some coordinating DMC floss for the twisted braid.

I've started work on a Brenda Gervais pattern called "A Stitch in Time".  I'm using the recommended colors and threads except for the birds.  The linen is a mystery linen from my stash and the blue recommended went invisible when stitched on it.  This is suppose to be finished in to a pinball but I've never done one of them so we'll see how it goes.  If all fails, then it will be a pincushion drum...those I can do.

I'm not sure how many of you have heard about the Linen and Threads Mystery SAL but I'm debating whether or not to do it.  It's quite large....209 x 478 and it's a medieval theme and I'm not so hot on that.  Last year's was quite beautiful and about the same size.  If you are interested in reading about this, check it out HERE.  They have a Facebook group for questions and for looking at other's work.  

Everyone stay warm and I thank you for stopping by today.
Blessings, Barbara



11 comments:

marly said...

The ABC's design is finished great! Love that fabric with it and plaque. Thanks for the link, not crazy about Medieval either though.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, what fabulous finishes you have for 2018 so far. I like the fabric placement on the Hands On Design piece and the buttons look like they were meant to be there. Your ABC piece looks fabulous on the black plaque. Well done! I like your pinball start. Stay warm!

Vickie said...

Well you have been stitching up cuteness my friend!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy new year. I have the design by hands on designs to stitch. Love the finish you did. It's so cold everywhere. Stay warm

Barb said...

I have thought about doing some pinballs myself but have know idea how to make one. I love your cheerful little finish!!

Jennifer said...

People were dressed like it was snowing down here in Miami this past week. I loved the cold weather. Love your stitching finish too. :)

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes.
Marilyn

Justine said...

Fantastic finishing Barbara. The plaque finish is genius! I love the cute buttons you added to the sunflower piece too, they really set it off.

diamondc said...

Barbara: Beautiful designs with perfect fining.
It has been below zero here for almost three weeks, finally we were up into the upper thirty's today, a very happy day here in Minnesota.
So sorry you had frost or ice ish I hate the cold.
I am like you I am not into the mideveil designs.

Blessings
Catherine

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes!!
I hope the weather improves soon, stay safe and warm.

Bethan said...

I love the buttons on your finish - they sit so well with it! Hope the weather has now warmed up a bit for you x