Sunday, October 22, 2017

A New Start

Hello my fellow stitcher's.  Here it is Sunday afternoon and we are enjoying a peaceful afternoon after a chaotic morning.  Today we celebrated Little John's second birthday....a few days early.  Here are 2 pictures of our big boy blowing out his candle on his dinosaur cupcake.  He was really quite proud of himself.



It was a houseful over at Peyton's and John's and we had a lot of fun helping him celebrate.  He's becoming such a big boy it's funny calling him "Little John".

I made a Halloween display for him over at our house of my fall and Halloween creations.  He loves looking at it when he comes over.  Halloween is such a fun time of year.


I started two new projects.  One is a shawl for myself out of the softest yarn I have ever worked with.  It's alpaca, cashmere and silk and it is yummy.  The color is a beautiful silver that will go with anything.  I have 4 skeins of this beautiful yarn and I plan on using it all on this shawl.  I want it big so I can snuggle in it.   That's 1,740 yards so I know I'll be working on this for a while but it will be worth it.  As you can see, Vallie agrees with me about how soft the yarn is.  If I put it down, she's on it immediately.


The other start is a SAL by Lizzie Kate called "Spirit of Christmas".  I'm chugging right along on it and so far so good.  Since it's a mystery sal, I don't want to give away what the finish project looks like but I think it's okay to show you what I have done so far.  I was going to change the colors (Weeks Dye Works) to more primitive colors, but now I'm glad I didn't.  Loving them!


Well that's what I've been up to this week.  I hope yours has been just as enjoyable.  You all have a great week.

Blessings, Barbara

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Little John! What a precious boy he is.♥ Your Vallie is precious too on your lovely shawl Barbara.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Lizzie Kate piece is looking good, Barbara. The shawl is gorgeous. Happy birthday wishes to Little John. What a cutie he is!

Marilyn said...

Happy B-Day to Little John!!
He's so cute.
Cute pic of Vallie, she knows soft when she sees it. :)
Great start on the LK mystery.
Marilyn

Sheryl said...

This LK piece looks very pretty and interesting and the shawl is gorgeous