Sunday, August 6, 2017

Just a quick note

Hello my sweet ladies.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend filled with love and laughter.  Mine has been a quiet one so I started two new projects.
First a new shawl made from a lace weight merino wool from Freija.  It is the softest of wools and hand dyed in gradient colors.  The one I picked is called Pixie and I just love the colors.  The photo is a little faded out because the green is really a medium lime green.  Love it!

Then I started a new cross stitch project.  I'm working it on 28ct. hand dyed fabric (I forgot the name) and it's a pretty springtime green.  The design is a freebie from Cricket and you can find it at their website.  I have to go to my LNS this Wednesday to see if she has any firefly buttons from JABCo.  

I'm stitching this with Au Ver A Soie 100/3 silks and the ones at the bottom are colors I still have to add to the design.  I think this will make a really pretty summer pillow.  

I have discovered something and I talked it over with my doctor and he seems to agree.  When I get the shakes (my hands) if I pet Vallie it seems to calm them down.  I'm going to get a wider chair next weekend (found some oversized recliners at Ashley Furniture) so that Vallie can lay beside me and I can be able to pet her when I need to.  This has helped me with this new design I started and I can't wait to see if this helps on 32ct. as well.  I just have to be  patient.

Well that's all I have for now.  All of you be good this upcoming week and no getting into trouble...frogwise or other.

Blessings, Barbara


5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You are off to a good start with the fireflies piece as well as the new shawl, Barbara. I look forward to seeing your new chair. It sounds like a wonderful idea t have Vallie sitting near by.

Marilyn said...

What a pretty shawl, love the soft colors.
The CEC freebie is too cute, great fabric for it.
That's good news about petting Vallie, I hope it continues to help.
Marilyn

Justine said...

What beautiful colours in both your new starts. I think purple and green is a gorgeous combination.

Perhaps dogs should be available on prescription?!

Vickie said...

What beautiful yarn Barbara. Yes! I highly recommend dogs as therapy!! Murphy is on my lap as I type. ;) I know Vallie is a great comfort to you.

Bethan said...

What a beautiful yarn - I love the name of it also! I bet Vallie is pleased with the new seating situation, and what a great solution x