Monday, July 24, 2017

A finish, new start and update

I hope all my blog friends have been having a wonderful summer so far.  It's been terribly hot and humid down here and from what I hear from family and friends in the north, it's the same up there.  I can tell we are getting into the hottest part of living in Florida by our electric bill.  Whoa!

I finished another shawl yesterday using one of the MyMelodybyWolltraum yarns I purchased on Etsy from Brandi.  This one starts out white, to several shades of peach to a dark red.  I love it!  The pattern was a Ravelry find called Maid of Honour by Buttonnose Crochet.  It's a very easy pattern but I liked how it showed off the different shades of the yarn with the darkest red showing off the shell pattern on the border.  When I finished it, I only had about 10 yards left.  That's calling it close.


Then I went and purchased some new yarn that I just couldn't resist.  The one on the left and the one in the middle are hand dyed by a lady on Etsy.  The brown shaded one is a fingering weight and the middle one is a lace weight.  Both are waiting to be made into shawls.  The one on the right is called Scheepjes Whirl and is a cotton/acrylic fingering weight.  I fell in love with the name "Blackcurrant Squeeze Me".  Isn't that a great name?


I started a new knitting project.  I had these two balls of Rowan Softknit Cotton on hand in a lovely shade of denim blue and decided to make myself a nice cowl out of it.  It is so soft and so far a really fun knit.


Now for an update on our furbaby Vallie.  She has finished taken all the antibiotic that was needed and the hair has just about all grown in around her eyes.  She's looking sweet as can be.....and I think she knows it.

Well that's all for now my friends.  I hope all of you are staying cool where you are.  I find the older I get, the more the heat bothers me.  I wonder how many times I have said I Hate Florida?  LOL

Blessings Abound, Barbara

8 comments:

marly said...

My aunt moved to Florida from Milwaukee and hated it, ended up back in WI! Glad your babydoll is recovering so well.

Monica said...

Beautiful shawl. We are also getting the free spa/sauna treatment from mother nature here in Georgia. Hot as...I will probably need a drink or two before opening that envelope from the power company. Perhaps I will have to buy more yarn to get over it. :-)

Justine said...

That's a beautiful shawl, I wonder if it will ever be cool enough for you to wear It?!

Barb said...

More lovely crocheting and knitting Barbara, your fingers must move at lightning speed,you get things done so quickly, Looking forward to seeing the lighter weight one. I still have not plucked up courage to knit one. I have finished some stitching though (did a blog post yesterday). I took a piece of knitting out of the basket on Sunday,it had been there a while ,I just thought I could try and get it finished. I did't have too ,the moths had been at it, yes it had been a long while lol.So lovely to see Vallie looking as bright as a button. Have a good week. Hmm it has been hot here but not has hot as you have it phew,.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful shawl, love the shading.
Those are some pretty yarns.
Glad Vallie has recovered, she looks happier now.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Another gorgeous creation Barbara! Vallie looks her usual happy self. :D

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful finished shawl, lovely looking cowl, and gorgeous yarns waiting in the wings. I am glad Vallie is doing better! Thinking of you, Barbara!

Pam in IL said...

Another beautiful shawl! I love your yarn choices. I was bad -- I ordered more Whirl, lol. I've started a shawl with Whirl and love it, both the pattern and the yarn. So happy to hear Vallie is doing well. My neighbors traveled to Florida over the 4th and said it was hotter and more humid here than it was in Central Florida. All I know is this summer has been the hottest and most humid in Illinois in a long time.