Monday, May 22, 2017

Hello my fine stitching friends.  I hope everything is going good in your part of the neighborhood.  Here....so far so good for this Monday.
I have a new start to share with you all.  My sweet friend Rhonda, has a co-worker who wanted something stitched so I volunteered.  I must say it has been years since I've stitched a Lavender & Lace angel and this one is the Angel of Light.  Stitching this reminded me how much the stitching world misses Marilyn and her wonderful designs.  I've done several of her designs but this is the first time for this one and I am enjoying it.

I went with the kids this past weekend to a baby expo and it was exciting to see all the new gadgets that weren't around when I was pregnant.  It makes me wonder how ladies like our Mother's ever survived our childhood's without all these little money makers.  Here's Little John enjoying his type of entertainment.  I remember when Peyton was little and we couldn't go to Walmart without her wanting a ride on the pony or car.  Back then they were 25 cents.  Get ready....they are now $1.00 per ride.  It just makes you wonder.

Also a few weeks ago, we purchased him a big boy chair and he loves to sit in it and watch tv or look at his books.

That's all I have for now.  We got some much needed rain today but I wish it had waited about 10 minutes or so.  I was in the process of getting groceries in the car.  Never fails....right?
Everyone please have a fantastic week and have loads of fun with family and friends.

Blessings, Barbara

5 comments:

Pam in IL said...

Wish I could send you some of our rain. It doesn't seem to stop raining here. I'm looking forward to seeing your Angel of Light finish. How fun to go to a baby expo!

Marilyn said...

Can't wait to see more of the Angel, her designs were beautiful.
Little John is too cute in his big chair. :)
Have a great week.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

What a wonderful thing to stitch for someone Barbara! :D
Little John is soooo cute!!

Mii Stitch said...

What a beautiful new start.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Robin in Virginia said...

Little John is such a cutie. I hope Peyton is feeling a bit better. You are off to a good beginning on Angel of Light.