Monday, October 17, 2016

Two New Starts

Good Monday morning ladies.  Hope your week has started out nicely....mine has been so so.

I decided to start two new projects.  The first one is a Little House Needleworks called Home Sweet Home.  Ms. Williams recommended this being stitched on an off white linen but I decided to take someone's advice.  Marly of Samplers and Santas mentioned on her blog about a color of linen called "Tin Roof".  I had never heard of this so I looked at my LNS and she had some.  I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!  It is such a great color to make something look primitive.  This design isn't what I would call primitive but on this linen it takes that look.


I'm stitching this with silks and it's coming along great.  The next design is from Creative Needle Arts and it came in a kit with white aida and Finca cotton floss.  I had never used this floss before but it's great to work with.  It glides thru the fabric really well and doesn't fray.  I'm not using the aida so I decided to do it on a purple hand dyed linen and I like how the colors are showing up.


White is so blah.......don't ya think?
We got to spend a nice quiet weekend at home and I got a lot of stitching in. 

I can't believe that Little John will be a year old in two weeks.  Time sure goes faster the older you get and I hate it.  Here's our big boy sitting on his favorite place to watch tv..


Blessings, Barbara

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely starts, Barbara! Look forward to seeing progress on both. Not very familiar with the designer of your second project so I am going to go do some searching on them. Hard to believe that Little John is almost a year! Have a good day!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love your fabric choices. Your little guy is so cute!

Vickie said...

What pretty projects!
He fits so perfectly on that footstool. :)

marly said...

I'm slower than I've ever been and time goes faster than ever. Growing children are reminders of that. I bought that Tin Roof online, twice, got two different shades! Both nice. I agree with you about white.

Justine said...

Two lovely new starts and great fabric choices! I don't mind stitching on white occasionally but there are so many gorgeous fabrics out there, why not?!

Marilyn said...

HSH looks great on the Tin Roof.
I have used Tin Roof, and love it.
Depending on what count, sometimes it has a green tint to it.
The other project looks great also.
I do not care for white fabric either, it's too boring.
Little John is too cute.
I forsee a big party in 2 weeks!
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

Great starts!
Home Sweet Home is so pretty and looks fantastic on that fabric.
Great choice :)

Barb said...

My goodness me 2!! new starts , and you will get them done before we know it. How are things with you, I cannot believe it is a year ago since we heard bells and whistles from over there.How time is flying by. I had some tin roof and I believe I stitched a blackbird design on it .I do like The Primitive Hares Old Salem linen . I am stitching a needleroll from Shepherds bush hope to get it done for Halloween. Wish me luck. Take care of you and hugs from me over here.

diamondc said...

Barbara: Little John is so sweet, I love the little lounger he is sitting in.
I like the two starts, you are very much like me, I change fabric colors and counts even when I do not like a color or count the designer has chosen.

Blessings
Catherine

Von said...

Love seeing your new projects stitched on the different linens! Great choices!

Bethan said...

Lovely new projects! Fascinated about your choice of linen rather than aida - I have never cross-stitched on anything other than aida!

Happy birthday in advance to Little John