Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's a beautiful day here in Florida and I hope where you are it's just as pretty.  Now if it would only cool down some, Vallie and I would enjoy taking walks again.
I started a new project and it's called "Olga's Tart" by Plum Street Design.  I'm stitching it on one of the Black Cauldron Fabrics called "Hag's Hair" and it's turning out really cute.  The pattern calls for 36ct and I didn't have any so I won't be finishing it the way the pattern shows. 


 I did go ahead and order some of the tart tins from Amazon....6 of them for $14.95.  I thought that was a pretty good price.  If you're interested in getting some, here is the webpage:  link

Remember I was going to make that cowl in the purple, grey and tan yarn....well that just did not work out at all.  You know how some times you lay floss on fabric and you go "Wow" that looks great but when you take those first couple of stitches you go "Ugh".  Well that's how I felt when I started knitting that cowl....so I changed my mind (as us girls are allowed to do) and started this one:

I'm calling it Rose Petals and the yarn is to die for.  It's called Invernal by Aslan Trends.  It's made from Rabbit Angora and Merino Wool and it's sooooo soft and it's wonderful to knit with.  I love knitting and crocheting in the fall and winter and have been stocking up on some yummy yarns that I can't wait to get needles in to.  So many projects.....not enough time.
Have a Blessed week, Barbara

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness, Olga's Tart is adorable.
What pretty, pretty yarn Barbara!

Justine said...

Olga's Tart is so pretty! I'm not a knitter but I love that yarn.

Robin in Virginia said...

Great start on Olga's Tart, Barbara! And great start on your new cowl scarf project.

Robin in Virginia

marly said...

The tart series is adorable. Nice price on the tins. As for weather - so chilly here!!

Marilyn said...

Olga will be so cute.
And a very pretty cowl too.
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

Great new stitching start, lovely design!