Friday, July 31, 2015

A gift...

Well the PET scan went well....now we just wait till next Wednesday to hear the results. 
 I finished up the shirts for John and the 3 other guys he's working with on the engineering final.  They are making a machine that mixes drinks for you at a touch of a button.  The name of it is "Drink Wizard" and this is the design they picked out for their shirts.
This is really the first time I've machine embroidered on knit fabric so there was some hesitation but after many trials and errors, I learned the secret.  They have a product out that is a stabilizer that disappears when wet.  I used the normal paper stabilizer on the bottom and the water disappearing one on top and got perfect results.  I do hope the 4 guys do well on this.  I took the shirts over last nite and they were still working on it.....having a little trouble about when it's suppose to pour.  
Now that Vickie has shown it on her blog I can show you what I made her.  She's been working very hard on a project and I've been her cheering squad and this was her prize for finishing.
I made her a padded project bag in pink and brown because I know she likes this combination.  I added roses to the bag because she's always showing such beautiful flowers on her blog and I get so envious.  In the little case are a pair of scissors and so other doodads for sewing that I thought she might use.  I'm happy she likes it.
Well that's about it.  I'm finishing up a freebie from The Primitive Hare and then I'm going to have a contest.  You'll hear more about that in the next post I do.
Blessings, Barbara


8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad the PET Scan is over and Wednesday will be here before you know it. What a lovely bag you created for Vickie and what a creative touch you added to the shirts.

Enjoy your weekend, Barbara!

Robin in Virginia

stitchinpeanut said...

Oh I am so glad the pet scan when well... I will continue to pray about the results appointment, and to give his doctors the knowledge they need. The bag you made is soooo pretty!

stitchersanon said...

Fingers crossed for the results. I know how hard it is to wait for them. The little bag you made is just perfect. I love the colours you chose.

stitchersanon said...

Fingers crossed for the results. I know how hard it is to wait for them. The little bag you made is just perfect. I love the colours you chose.

Marilyn said...

Sending positive thoughts for the scan results.
What a neat idea for the shirts, good luck to them!
And a very cute bag too.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

So glad the scan is done. Now a bit more waiting. I am praying.
What a neat idea for the young men to have embroidered shirts to go with their final project.
Thank you once again my friend. The project bag is just beautifully perfect. And the needle case is great. I have never owned one like it! Less than a week now til we go to the Fair and find out.

kathi said...

Praying that the results of your pet scan are good ones.
Love the bags you make,and those shirts are going to be very nice.Good luck to them in their new venture,hope it goes well.
Kathi

Mii Stitch said...

Fingers crossed for the results.
Love the bag!! It's so sweet :)