Friday, May 3, 2013

What I've been working on

I think I'm finally getting back into my stitching and am enjoying it.  I had started this design last year but realized I would never finish it before the holiday so I picked it back up.  I think I should have it finished before Halloween.....at least I hope so.  :o)  It's a Jardin Prive design and I have always loved it.
The fabric I'm stitching it on is a hand dyed but I've since lost the label so now it's a mystery linen.  I'm using DMC to do the black stitching but the others:  white, orange and lime green will be done in silks.
I've also been very busy making some more of my bags.  All the others sold and I'm thrilled with that. So here's the new ones:
This first one is my first attempt at wool applique and I am very pleased with how it turned out.  The fabric is a tan on cream pillow ticking and it's lined with a homespun.  The wool I used for the applique is from Weeks Dye Works.

This one is an unusual choice of fabric for a bag.  I fell in love with this pale blue ultrasuede at the store and knew I had to do something with it.  The stitching is called "Shadow Lace" and it's done in an indigo color which matches the lining perfectly which is an indigo batik.

The celebration of our country's birth is coming up so I had to do a 4th bag.  I decided on a pinwheel in the machine embroidery with Happy Fourth above and below it.  I couldn't decide which fabric to use for the bag so I decided to use both.  Problem solved!

I love peacocks!!!  This one is done using a beautiful teal, olive green, dark brown stripe for the bag and it's accented with peacock feather fabric to set off the design.  It's lined with a stunning olive green heather.

And this is my favorite.  Who doesn't like sunflowers and blackbirds???  I've had this fabric for several months and just couldn't decide what to do with it.  When I saw this embroidery design I knew it was perfect.
All of these bags you can find in my store under the tab at the top "Items for Sale".
Well it's been a rainy week here in Florida and we needed it but unfortunately rain makes the grass grow.  This morning I made a visit to the Sewing Studio....can't wait to show you that fabric grouping....and then came home and did some much needed yard work.  It looks like it's going to rain again so I'm glad we did it this morning.  Our backyard was starting to look like a jungle.  LOL
Well that's about all in my neck of the woods and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.
Blessings, Barbara


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such beautiful work barbara.xx

Catherine said...

Fabulous bags!!! I love the one for the fourth and the sunflower one! Congrats on selling all your previous bags!!!