First off I'd like to thank those stitchers who are helping me stay true to my diet. Truth be told, I did go to my LNS this morning to pick up some Anchor floss and I had ordered the new ornament issue way back when so I had to pay for that. I figure since it was on order before I started my diet, I was okay with purchasing it. I think the ladies at the LNS were quite surprised over how little I purchased today. If I had told them why, I know they would of gotten a chuckle over it.....Barbara not buying stash....yeah right!
My finish is this sweet little Halloween pin pillow that worked up so quickly. Like I had posted earlier, I used the new Sullivan's black on this and I was quite surprised by it. It didn't tangle at all....came out of the skein with ease.....and covered the 28ct. linen very nicely. One thing I have against it. I was mistaken about it being made in Mexico....I have no idea where I got that info....but it's really made in China. Now I've bought things made in China before....who hasn't....but I don't think I would trust them with my needlework threads. They say they are colorfast but as far as I'm concerned, no thread is colorfast and this one is no different. I used the black on this but I think I'll go back to using my silk whenever I need to use black. It's called The Halloween Pin Garden and it was designed by Raise The Roof Designs. I stitched it on 28ct. Orange Jazlyn and then added beads around the outside.
My next start is a BBD design called Quaker Garden. I'm going to stitch it on something a little different. The checked fabric you see is 32ct. Murano Vichy and the only place I have found it is The Threadbasket. You can see her website by clicking on the sign over on the right. I'm going to be stitching this with a variety of silks.....Silk N'Colors, Waterlillies, Dinky Dyes and HDF. I think this is going to be alot of fun and I'll post a picture after I get some of it stitched so you can see how it looks on this fabric. I can't wait......
And my find of the week is this beautiful crocheted doily. I stop in at my community thrift store at least once every 2 weeks and I came across this in a bin. Total cost = $1.95 and it measures 19 inches across. I soaked it over night in a weak solution of clorox and water and then left it to air dry on top of some towels. I love finding needlework like this that can be saved and enjoyed for many years to come. Doilies have always played a soft spot in my heart because my Mother always used them and I grew up appreciating them. This one will have a place of honor on top of my antique sewing table.
Well that's all for now. Thank you for all your nice comments and for enjoying Wanting More Stash and Never Enough Stash. I think it would be nice if we posted about them on any message boards we belong to and maybe grab the button at the top right of this page and post it somewhere on your blog. I'd love to get more stitchers interested in these and have everyone enjoy buying, selling and trading.
I'm working on a SAL and I'm having trouble with it. I don't want to give out too much info but I hopefully will have a post about it sometime next week. I'm going to need help on this one ladies and I'm going to ask all of you to put your heads together. Enough said for now....
I hope all of you are having a fabulous weekend so far and that alot of stitches are placed in fabric.
Blessings as always,