Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Rhonda

 Remember a few months ago when I stitched Linda's Ort Bag for Rhonda?  Well today is her birthday and I can finally show you what I had made for her "special day".
I used the same fabric ....  28ct. Waterlilly Jobelan and the same Gloriana Silks and came up with a design that I took from the ort bag and turned it into a biscornu.  
I also made a little pouch for the little gold scissors I gave her with matching scissor fob.  Also on the back of the scissor case, there is a piece of matching wool felt where she can store her needle when not in use.

What is not shown on the above pictures is that JABC has these darling little stick pins out that are candles and I included them in the pincushion so it looked like a decorated birthday cake.  I wish I had taken a picture of them but oh well.  
I hope Rhonda has a very special day!!
I am working on a give away and will announce it soon so stay in touch.
Blessings as always,
Barbara


24 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Gorgeous and very creative! I am sure she loved her birthday present.

Sweet Sue said...

A stunning gift for your friend, beautiful work, the extra touches you've included are lovely!

Dawn said...

very beautiful!

Vickie said...

What an extremely thoughtful and beautiful gift. :)

Terri said...

Wow, that is an awesome finish and gift! I am sure she will love it all!

Lida said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! What a fantastic present for her! Greetings
Lida

Valma said...

Wooo !!
wonderful ! Really wonderful gifts
you made a great job
I love everything, sure your friend will love too and will have a special day!
The ORT bag is fabulous
bravo
big hugs from France
xxx

Carol said...

Rhonda is one lucky friend, Barbara--your gifts are just stunning!!

valerie said...

Wow, what a wonderful birthday present for Rhonda. I am sure she loved everything to bits!

Jannie said...

Barbara - you can give me a b'day gift like that any time! Those are beautiful! Rhonda is very blessed to have a friend like yourself.

Veronica said...

Oh wow, that is absolutely stunning. You've certainly outdid yourself this time. The biscornu, scissors keeper and fob is perfect! Rhonda is indeed a very lucky birthday girl :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Karen said...

Your stitching and finishing is beautiful! What a wonderful gift for your friend...

Stitching Noni said...

Just gorgeous. Rhonda is one very lucky lady. Your stitching and finishes are just beautiful :o)

Fireflies & Cats in the Garden

Deborah said...

What a beautiful gift! I am sure that she will treasure it.

unikat said...

Beautiful!

Patty C. said...

Awesome awesome awesome - your work is always so beautiful!

fiore-crea.blogspot.com said...

beautiful!!

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful set! Wonderful gifts for your friend!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous!
And so creative.
Marilyn

Simple Pleasure said...

Barbara
The set is extraordinary...you have such an eye for detail. I am sure Rhonda will be overjoyed...I hope she USES the set, as she enjoys many hours stitching.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Bekca said...

Such a stunning gift! What a lovely gift for your friend :) I very much look forward to your giveaway. Best wishes.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

wow what a stunning gift!

Catherine said...

What an absolutely stunning gift from the heart!

Meari said...

Wow! That is gorgeous.