Monday, February 20, 2012

Fallen Roses Update


I just couldn't stand seeing this hanging on the sewing room wall so I've gotten back into gear and I think I'm in high speed.  I've finished everything on the right side of the lady and now all I have left is the header which is pretty intense but it's just straight stitching so I shouldn't have any problem with it.  

I am one of those that when I see a frame I like I buy it.  Well I'm known for hanging out at stores and buying frames that have been ordered but not liked when the customer sees it.  This one I purchased for......are you ready......$8.00 and there's not a thing wrong with it.  They just wanted to unload it fast and I was there at the right time.  I have some frames that are 4 feet x 4 feet that I paid pennies for but will find something to go in them eventually.  The reason I show you this is to get all of you ladies opinion on the frame and how it looks with the design.  I like it but it's always nice to get second and third opinions.  I'm hoping I get this finished by friday ......wish me luck.  
When I'm finished with this, it's back to Rhonda's Ort Bag and some of the other pieces I've started.  I hope everyone is having a great stitching week!
Blessings as always,
Barbara

23 comments:

Stitching Cat said...

Barbara, the frame is perfect! I love this design and have plans to stitch it in memory of my grandmother.

CalamityJr said...

What a beautiful almost-finish. The frame couldn't be better, with your gold hearts and the lady's hair... It must have been meant to be!

Barb said...

Your project is lovely and I think the frame is just perfect.

Ranae said...

FR is so pretty
Love the frame

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara! Everything is lovely! This piece on your most current post, the Ort Bag, everything! The frame is gorgeous! Go for it! Jannie

Veronica said...

Fallen Roses is stunning and I think the frame is perfect for it. From the picture, the gold/white of the frame seems to match the heart shaped pearls exactly.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Unknown said...

Fallen Roses is looking wonderful and I think that frame just sets it off perfectly. Best of luck with finishing it this week.

Nicola said...

A beautiful frame for a beautiful sampler. I think that it is a perfect choice.

MoonBeam said...

I totally agree with all of the above. This is beautiful. Can hardly wait to see the finish!

Bobbi

Nima said...

wow...gorgeous looking framing and lovely pattern...

Mouse said...

one word perfect ..lol ... looks gorgeous in there and I have the same frame in a pewter finish sooo not biased at all ..lol
good luck and fingers crossed you get it done :)
love mouse xxxx

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwww beautiful,..it is really looking so lovely..
big hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design and frame !

blueladie said...

Barbara, the frame is beautiful and in my opinion really sets the pieces off well. Wonderful stitching. It's beautiful. :) Cathryn

Carol said...

That frame will complement your beautiful stitching perfectly!! Great deal on it--I'm amazed!!

Sarah said...

This project is just soooo lovely and the frame compliments it perfectly. Can't wait to see it finished and all framed up!

Anonymous said...

Barbara
The frame is perfect for your elegant stitchery...and a bargain, too...life is good!!!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Connie said...

This is beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished and framed - your bargain frame is perfect for this design.

Linda said...

The frame is perfect!

Lynn said...

Fallen Roses is gorgeous and that frame will complement her perfectly!

marly said...

Just beautiful. Such an amazing design. I think you have the perfect frame for her, which accents her golden hair and sets this entire piece off.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching and I love that frame!

Redrodi56 said...

Isn't she lovely? The frame is perfect! I can't wait to see her completed - and you are way ahead of your self imposed deadline too - Bravo!