Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Halloween goodies and more

Who doesn't love stitching Halloween designs?  Not Me!!  I love the ugly colors...the wacky fabric and designs.  I really do think I went a little overboard though but how could I resist.  JCS came out with the beautiful Halloween ornament issue that has all the great designs from past years.  Everyone knows how popular owls are right now and Just Nan has some really cuties this year.  I even got my orange fabric for some ornies I hope to stitch....notice I said "hope".  
Not sure if you have ever heard of Piecework magazine, but I think it's a keeper.  It always has some fantastic articles about historical pieces  and it covers a large range of needlework.....from needlepoint to crochet to lacework.  I also had to get the two new JBW Christmas designs. 
Then from The Fat Quarter Shop today I received in the mail this new charm pack and two yards of coordinating fabrics.  I love this chocolate brown and it should make up some great fall patterns.
The purple thingy is a crocheted cover for my tape measure.  I found the pattern on Ravelry and it calls for 3 colors of wool sock weight yarn and I just happen to have two shades of purple and a green for the leaf. I loved doing it and it worked up really fast.  I added a sparkly button to the center of the tea rose just for fun.
I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend and you get to do lots and lots of stitching.  I plan on doing just that while watching my racing.  
Blessings as always,
Barbara

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Well it's a good thing you got rid of some of your old stash to make room for the fun new stash.
Have fun stitching up all the new Halloween.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

marly said...

Have fun stitching those cute designs. I just may have to order that fabric - love the vine print. Have a nice weekend!

butterfly said...

It's always fun buying new charts, they look fab, well all your goodies do. Have fun.

Karen said...

Love the Halloween patterns!!! Love the pinkeep in the header of your page.. is that a pattern or did you design it yourself?

Karen

khrabak@gmail.com

Bekca said...

I love your new Halloween stash! Autumn is my favourite season to stitch, I just love all the beautiful colours. Best wishes and happy stitching to you.