Saturday, March 19, 2011

A new start and a Vallie update....

 Well Vallie was at the vet this past week and she's up to 3lbs. 5 ozs. but the doc doesn't think she'll make 10 pounds.  I don't think so either since her mama was pretty small.  She's learned how to fetch but we're still working on sitting still.  Also she's getting better at walking on the leash and actually stays up with me.  All in all, she's a very good doggie and we love her to death.
Well today was my birthday and one of the nicest things I received was from my cousin Linda who lives in Gettysburg, Pa.  Last fall there was a get together of alot of my cousins who I haven't seen in more than 30 years and she took some pics and I received them today in her birthday card.  I have missed out on so much living this far from Pennsylvania....all of my relatives in Pa. live in a 30 mile radius....and I cherish these pictures.  I think this was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received and I thank her for them.
Also, you can see I'm working on my next freebie for you ladies and I've decided on a name and color choice.  I am stitching it on hand dyed 28ct. Jobelan called "Carnival" using a Dinky Dye silk called "Mountain Mist" which is a lavender.  The name of the design will be Thistledown.  I should have this finished in a few days for you ladies to download.  
Blessings as always,
Barbara

6 comments:

Patty C. said...

Vallie is absolutely adorable !!!!

Sweet Sue said...

Sending you a big warm and fuzzy heartfelt birthday {{{ hug }}} from the Finger Lakes. I can understand you missing PA and your family, so beautiful there, spent many weekends there as a child. Hope your day was as special as you, and that you treated yourself to something special! Plz tell us you did:)

Bekca said...

That's such a thoughtful gift, glad you like it so much. Can't wait to see the new pattern, happy stitching.

Mouse said...

OOO happy birthday for yesterday :) what a lovely thought sending those photos for you :) hope you had a lovely day filled with stash and cake and... love your little furbabie Vallie ... love mouse xxxx

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Barbara! It sounds like it is very hard to be away from your relatives here in Pennsylvania...I hope you can get together very soon :)

Trina said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Sorry I missed the day!!!