Sunday, February 27, 2011

From Italy....

and Nicoletta Farrauto of Niky's Creations, comes this sweet little design.  I stitched this because I liked the design and I loved the primitive colors that she used.  I stitched mine using HDF silks on 32ct. cream Belfast linen. 
I have no connections to Italy but it has always been one of my dream countries to visit.  I am a history buff and I think I'd go crazy just gazing at all the ruins and imagining everything that went on there centuries ago.  I doubt that I will ever get to visit it this late in my life, but if we give up on our dreams, we will seize to exist in a lot of ways.  Dreams are what keep us alive and young.
Yesterday my LNS opened with all her goodies from the Nashville show and I of course went completely bonkers.  I will take some pics of what I was lucky enough to purchase later today or tomorrow.  I have decided on my theme for next month....Blackbird Designs.  Those two ladies came out with some of the most beautiful designs for this show that I don't think I could stitch them all in a month of sundays.  I am going to have a very hard time choosing which one to stitch first....but what fun trying.
My next international design shows a Russian tradition....can you guess?
Blessings as always,

No comments: