Monday, February 21, 2011

A Blackbird finish.............

called Rose Garden and I used some gorgeous fabrics to finish it into a pillow.  
As to what I have planned for myself in this upcoming month, I've decided to do some of these designs that I've collected from foreign countries and that's why I have a french background for my blog right now.  Most of the designs are french and I've been wanting to do these but have had others to do too so I feel this is a great way of concentrating my energies into them.  Some will be put in my store for sale and some I will be keeping for my personal collection but all of them will have a foreign feel to them.  I will be using some fibers from other countries and also some linens.  The giveaway I have planned for my birthday will definitely have a foreign feel about it....more about that later.  So I better get stitching and with each piece I finish, there will be a story about why this design was chosen.
Blessings as always,
Barbara

8 comments:

~*Sharee*~ said...

Beautiful finish hun; I am stitching this one for my mom for Mother's Day.

Hugs, Shar

Barbara said...

Shar, I would love to see how you finish yours and I'm positive your Mother will love it!!
Barbara

Kay said...

Can't wait to see your finished "French" designs. I'm seriously considering ordering come French cross stitch magazines - they all look so great!

Lainey said...

Barbara your pillow is beautiful.
Look forward to your new finishes.

Carolyn said...

GORGEOUS finish, my friend! The fabrics you used couldn't have matched better with your stitching, of which is of course, perfect! I love your new French blog! Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve this month.
Love ya! Thel

Karen said...

Such a pretty finish! Love the colletion of fabric you used in the finishing!

happy stitching this month...

Connie said...

Love your finish! You've chosen some beautiful fabrics for your pillow. I have my Rose Garden about half stitched and I'm still not sure how I'll finish it.

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful design and your finish is fantastic! Lovely pillow!

Best wishes,
Tatyana