Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Folk Art Angel Hornbook and next knitting project

DH was nice enough to cut out another wooden hornbook for me because I had the perfect pattern to put on it. I love this folkart angel!!! I stitched it on 28ct. evenweave with HDF silks and then I stained it with coffee to give it that "old" look. The hornbook is approx. 7" x 4" with 8 holes across the bottom to hold your fibers. If you are interested in this, you can purchase it in my store.
While visiting my local yarn store, I came across this gorgeous yarn from Ella Rae. It's a superwash merino wool in a worsted weight which will be perfect for the below pattern I want to knit. This is for Jenn to wear when she's out jogging when it gets colder. She almost always wears her long hair in a pony tail and this will fit the bill perfectly. I just started it today so I will post it when I'm finished. This should only take a few days at the most to knit.


I hope the remainder of the week is glorious for all of you and that all your stitches are pefect and that pesty frog stays away.
As always, Barbara

3 comments:

Karen said...

The folk art angel on your hornbook is so cute! You are very fortunate to have a husband that is able to make stuff like that. :)

I love that headband too. I really like how they have it buttoned underneath. Looking forward to seeing you finish your's. :)

Carol said...

Lovely creations as always, Barbara! Nice to have a husband who can help finish off your pretty stitching so nicely :)

Redrodi56 said...

LOVE the knitted headband! Both my girls are runners and would love this. Keep us posted on how difficult it is to make (I'm such a weenie).