Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Chugging Along

 Good Wednesday to all you chicks.  I'm still working on the knitted shawl and I wanted to share something with you about it.  In between ball number 1 and ball number 2 I did 2 rows of black alpaca.  Between ball number 2 and number 3 I did 4 rows of black alpaca.  Now I bought all these 4 skeins at the same time and they were from the same dye lot.  Take a look at the difference between 1 and 2....


Do you see more red in the second ball?  I didn't even take notice of this until I had added the 4 rows of black at the top.  Strange how it's different even from the same dye lot.  Can't wait to see skein 3 and 4 knitted up.  Should be interesting.

Well I've started the Coming to America sampler and I decided on 20ct. Lugana over 1 with 2 threads.  It covers really well and it's pretty easy for me to see.  If anyone out there is wanting to do this pattern on 28ct. Mocha Linen that the design calls for, I have a piece I can sell you if you're having problems finding it in your area.  Here's what I have done....not much but it shows how wide it will be.


I went with the kids on Monday to Daytona Beach to initiate Evelyn to the ocean.  Wow did she love it.  Peyton had to keep a good eye on her because she wanted to chase the waves back out to sea.  We ate at a restaurant on a pier called Joe's Crab House and wow were they good.  I love seafood and their blue crab sandwich hit the spot.   Here's the view from our table.


I hope all of you had a safe and happy Labor Day.  

Blessings, Barbara

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful way to spend time with your family. We lived in Lake Mary in the 80's so I know that part of the beach . Although my kids loved New Smyrna the best.

Marilyn said...

Yes, the lots are very different, but the black breaks it up nice.
Have fun stitching Coming to America.
Glad Evelyn had a good time at the beach, what a view!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your shawl looks super, Barbara. I like the black rows that you have put in there. And I love the look of the yarn. You are off to a good start on the Mayflower piece. I like your fabric choice. Glad the Evelyn enjoyed her time at the beach and in the water. Your meal sounded delicious!

diamondc said...

Barbara: Your shawl is beautiful, I do like the redder color added, it is rather stunning to look at.
What fun to be in warm weather and of course the water.
I love Coming To America design.

Catherine