Sunday, August 9, 2020

What's Up?

 I sincerely hope everyone is doing well and everyone in your family is healthy.  We have been blessed and no one has taken ill and for that we are truly grateful.  Not much going on in the stitching department but I do try to keep busy.  My new friend is Netflix and I've watched several shows and movies that I wouldn't of been able to before.  I particularly like the historical documentaries and shows life in an earlier time....especially England.  I have often thought that I was born in the wrong century.  


I started a knitted shawl because this yarn is a very busy variegated and I thought crocheting might not do justice to the yarn.  It's a Malabrigo Dos Tierras and the color is called "Diana"  which is a 50% merino wool and 50% baby alpaca..  It's a dk weight so I grabbed a size 6 needle and I'm starting at the bottom point and increasing one stitch every row.  I love the look of it and the feel of it.  Here's what I have done so far....


We spent a day at Sea World and wow has it really changed since the last time I was there.....about 20 years ago.  We all enjoyed the penguin building because it's cold for one thing and after being out in the Florida sun in July, it felt wonderful.  The only bad thing about it is the smell of fish.  Whoa it is strong.



I haven't shared a picture of Little John in a long time and this was a funny moment.  We were out at breakfast (as you can tell by the sign) and he decided to make eyebrows like his great-grandfather which are rather shaggy.  We all had a good laugh.


Now this next story was a mistake made by me.  I had purchased these 4 patterns by Jeannette Douglas but I couldn't find them anywhere in my sewing room.  I had just cleaned up and moved some stuff around in there and I was sure I had thrown them away by mistake.  Well today I found them and so I have two copies of each.  Let's see if we can't give these away to someone who might be itching to stitch a Jeannette Douglas design but would like something small.  These are the first 4 patterns in her Sew Together Series.


These are free to anyone in the US who comments on this post and wishes to be entered into the drawing.  Please make sure I have an email address for you so I can let you know if you've won and to get your snail mail address.  

Blessings To All,
Barbara

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I have not been down to Sea World in 28 years now. Little John is a real character. ;)
Stay safe my friend!

Barb said...

My whole family seems to be safe and healthy too. That is a blessing! It would be fun to win those little charts. Looks like a fun family day starting at Ihop. That young man has a good sense of humor!

SusieK said...

Your grandson reminds me of my youngest grandchild, our Oliver is quite a character. I would love to stitch the series if no one else is interested. We just got back from a few days camping with Oliver and his big sister Eva. Our first camping trip in our not new RV and their first time camping and being able to watch TV. Good memories even if it rained almost the whole time.

Anonymous said...

The Penguin House has always been my fav part of Sea World. My daughters are in their thirties now but they loved it too!!!!!!

Yes, please enter me in the Jeanette Douglas designs give-away. It is very kind of you to offer. leen3d@gmai.com

Sandra said...

Barbara, I would love to be entered into the draw for the charts as I live in the UK and can't get them over here. If I was lucky enough to win, I would be more than happy to pay the postage through PayPal.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Barbara! Little John is such a cute one! Thank you for the chuckle! Glad you had a good outing to Sea World! I haven't been in far too many years. Your shawl is looking good!