Tuesday, September 17, 2019

I love it when I have a finish to share because it just doesn't seem to happen very much anymore.  If you haven't been to the Cross Eyed Cricket website lately you might want to check it out.  She has a new freebie and another one that you can substitute in the booklet  "Playing with Jax".  I decided to do it alone and make an ornament out of it.  I used the fibers she called for but I finished it a little different.  For one thing I used a bluish linen that has a metallic thread going thru it and on the edges I used a rick rack in light blue with a silver edging on it.  The bow was made from 2 different silk ribbons that I had and they matched the overdyed silk leaves in the design pretty good.  I really like how it turned out.



.
I've started a new project called "Let It Bee" by The Drawn Thread and I had forgotten how much fun Cynthia's designs can be to stitch.  I'm stitching it on a 30ct Linen using 100/3 Au Ver A Soie silks.


Little Evelyn's Welcome to the World party was this past weekend and she was dressed up just waiting to see and meet everyone.  


I'm glad you stopped by to see what was going on in my little corner of the world.   I love and appreciate all of my followers and always pray that everything is okay in your corner.  


Blessings Abound, Barbara

7 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

lovely finish barbara, evelyn is just the sweetest! hope you're getting around a little better. xo

Marilyn said...

That turned out pretty, the ribbon is so colorful.
Cute Drawn Thread piece.
Evelyn is so sweet.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Evelyn is adorable! What do her big brothers think of her? Your Playing with Jax ornament looks super, Barbara. That ribbon is a nice finishing touch. The Drawn Thread piece looks lovely.

Vickie said...

What a good idea you had to stitch up Playing With Jax all by it's self. It is lovely! Let it Be is sweet! Not as sweet as Evelyn!!!

diamondc said...

Barbara: I think Evelyn is adorable, how sweet she looks.
I love the new finish, the fabric is perfect and the finishing is so beautiful, the bow at the bottom is beautiful.
Loving your new start, oh so cute.

Catherine

Barb said...

A very cute finish and an even cuter baby!

Bethan said...

I love the sparkly fabric! And Evelyn is so cute x