Friday, September 6, 2019

During and After Dorian

Well Dorian for us thank God turned out to be nothing but I feel for the people in the Bahamas.  It will take many months for them to even see a glimmer of normalcy return.  On Labor Day we went to Disney World Epcot and enjoyed the food and wine festival they have every year.  Good food with family can't be beat.  Hubby tried to go to work on Tuesday only to find the plant shutdown so came back home and spent a quiet day.  Wednesday found him back at work but me and the kids headed for Disney World Hollywood Studios.  Star Wars just opened and there have been lines 2-3 hours long to ride the Millenium Falcon.  We got there and went right on because the park was just about empty.  John even rode it twice.  We were able to take the boys into Toy Story which also has been very popular.  Here's some photos...








So that's what we did to get over the scare of a Cat. 5 Hurricane coming towards us.  

But then the bad did happen.  When I got home on Wednesday I decided to take the garbage cans out of the garage where we placed them in case the storm did hit us.  My DH has on the floor these black mats about 2 ft x 2 ft and they are made of rubber.  Let me tell you that if you step on one of them and there is water under it you are on the floor before you can blink.  I laid there stunned for 5 - 10 minutes trying to determine if I had broken anything.  Figuring I hadn't except my pride I managed to get to my feet.  I bumbed up my left ankle, both elbows and my back.  I've stayed off my feet as much as possible and kept the ankle wrapped.  I guess Dorian did hit but just me.

I hope that if you were in the target of this storm that you come through okay with minimal damage to you and your home.

Blessings, Barbara 

7 comments:

marly said...

Ouch! Sorry about the fall but glad you're not injured.

Marilyn said...

Disney looks like fun, glad you got to go.
Also Glad Dorian didn't hit.
Hope you are on the mend.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh Barbara, thank God you did not break anything. I am praying for you to recover from that.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, sorry you fell and hope your body mends quickly. I am relieved to hear that you weren't affected by Dorian. My heart goes out to those in the Bahamas along with those in the Carolinas. Have a relaxing weekend!

Sweet Sue said...

glad no dorian for you barbara. my heart breaks for those affected. plz tell hubs no more slip and slide in the garage! i hope you feel better, those tumbles can ache for sure.

Barb said...

Falls are no fun, Four years ago I smashed my L1 vertebrae falling off a high step on vacation.Ug!!!Really glad the hurricane did not do damage in Florida. I think we are all so sad for the people in the Bahamas. I do think you all found a great way to celebrate. My son would love all those Star War things!

Gabi said...

Good God, that's something we don't need. Glad to read you are not badly injured. Falls are not funny. I remember when I fell down the steps years ago I couldn't walk, sit and lay without hurt.
Have a wonderful WE
Greetings from Germany