Thursday, July 18, 2019

Update

Hello my fellow stitchers.  I have been working my fingers to the bone trying to finish the Cricket design Wicked Patch.  I am loving stitching this with the different fibers and specialty stitches and it's really keeping my interest.  I did make one mistake but I'm not changing it.  The purple leaves in the bottom of the design were to be done in satin stitch and I just did cross stitch.  This is just too much to remove and I really don't think it makes a difference to the design.  Also, I'm going to add something.  The witches hat has neon green stars on it done in metallic braid but I think I'm going to do them in beads.  Add a little more interest to it.  Here's what I have finished so far....



I'm hoping another week will see it finished.

My youngest brother could use some prayers right now.  He had another stroke and this one has affected his memory.  He remembers things that happened long ago but from one minute to the next, he doesn't remember where he is and why.  They can't seem to get his blood pressure to come down.  When he was admitted it was over 200 and it's still in the 190's.  He was in ICU for several days but now he's in a regular room.  Of course the insurance company is yelling for him to be released but with his blood pressure still way too high, they can't do that.  At least I hope they can't.  Who knows anymore with this broken health care system we have to put up with.

Just for laughs......

roller coaster

Blessings, Barbara

9 comments:

marly said...

Sorry to read about your brother. Strokes are (were) rampant on my mother's side and everyone was affected in a different way.

Barb said...

Definately sending thoughts and prayers to your brother. I can't believe how soon they send people home. My sister-in-law had a double mastectomy a few years ago. She spent only one night in the hospital and that was because her surgery was late in the day!!!! Your stitching is delightful!

Gabi said...

Sorry for your brother. Send my best wishes.
Health system in Germany is not better. Sometimes I get very angry.
Your stitching is lovely.
Big hugs

Marilyn said...

Prayers for your brother.
Yes, there's something wrong with this health system.
I hope your pain is gone also.
Wicked Patch is looking great, love the colors!
Have a great weekend.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: I think adding the beads is a wonderful idea, beads add such dimension.
I am so sorry for your Brother, I will add him and your family to my daily prayers.
I hate the way the health care system is today, its a shame.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, lifting your brother up in prayer. Hope you are feeling back to your normal self following those procedures you had! Your Halloween stitch is looking good. If you hadn't mentioned about the leaves, I wouldn't have known about your mistake. Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie said...

Oh Barbara. I am praying for your brother.

Sweet Sue said...

Brothers are special, I hope yours gets b.p. under control and has more good days than bad. Funny, I've been on that roller coaster, a few times :) xo

Mary said...

I hope your brother feels better soon.
I love your wip.