Thursday, April 4, 2019

Yeah! A Finish

I sincerely hope life has been treating you great and you have been able to do a lot of the things you love doing.  Whether it's stitching, walking your dog or spending time with family and friends....it's about what's important to you.

I have been lucky enough to be able to show you a finish which doesn't happen very often in this house so much anymore.   It's the Hands On Design....Life Needs More Chocolate Bunnies....with a small change.  Kathy had underneath the bunnies the same design for the carrot tops but I wanted my bunnies to be standing in grass so I did some improvising on the pattern.  I'm going to finish it into a large ornament to hang out at Easter time.  Remember this was stitched with Sulky 12wt cotton thread that the designer calls for and I discovered that Amazon carries all these threads.  You get one guess as to who is ordering them.


I'm also back working on an old BBD design.... Evening in the Garden.  This is being stitched with a wide variety of threads and I had forgotten how enjoyable it is.  I'm using HDF silks, Gloriana silks, Gentle Art Sampler Threads and just plain old DMC.


I'm looking to start a new one in a few days.  I want to do the newest snowman by Shepherd's Bush..Snow Queen.  I would love to have a wall in my house with all the snowmen from SB framed and on it.  There's not a one I don't love.


That's about all for now.  The stomach flu is making it's rounds thru our family.  I've had it for the last 2 days and before that Zane and Little John.  That will teach me to give out kisses so readily but I just can't help myself.

Here's one to bring a smile to your face.

Hello anyone there

Blessings, Barbara


9 comments:

gracie said...

Lovely stitching but oh my that is the cutest bunny!

Irene said...

Barbara, i tuoi ricami sono bellissimi

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching , and cute bunny how sweet.
Enjoy your day.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on your finish!
The Bunnies are too cute.
Great BB start, and that Snow Queen is to die for!
Love that cute Bunny!
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

MartinaM said...

I really like two pretty works, Chocolate Bunny's.
The little rabbit really made me smile. Our little Lotte, who died last year, looked just like that.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, your bunny finish is adorable. I like the addition of the grass and need to add a note to the chart when it arrives. Good to see your BBD come out for some stitches! I look forward to seeing your start on Snow Queen. That bunny photo is adorable. I hope you are on the mend from the flu. Take good care so you don't have a relapse. Thinking of you!

Vickie said...

Love your bunny finish Barbara. The one you are working on looks so pretty! I have never seen a rabbit do that!! How precious!

Barb said...

I love the way you stitched the chocolate bunny design. I sure hope you are all better soon. Stomach flu is horrible!

Sweet Sue said...

great finish barbara, sweet bunny too. hope that crud leaves your doorstep soon! xo