Sunday, April 14, 2019

So Excited

Our whole family is just so excited about God granting the answer to our prayers and giving us a sweet little great-grand daughter to love.  Of course we must wait until the middle of August for this Blessed event but that doesn't stop me from furnishing her with just about every pink item I can find.  What makes this so sweet is that Little John's favorite color is pink so he must approve all the sleepers, onsies, blankets, hats and head bows purchased and they must all have some pink in them.  I don't think I mentioned what this sweet girl is going to be named.  They decided to choose family names so it's gonna be...

Evelyn (my husband's Mother's middle name)
Sandra (John's Mother's name)

John lost his Mother when he was a teenager and still feels the lost.  He was hoping for a little girl to be able to give her his Mother's name.  We haven't decided what her nick name will be but they are leaning towards Evie.

I do have a finish to share.  It's a Hand's On Design called "Stitch Over Two" and it was pretty time consuming for such a small design.  I had to stitch the two pieces on cream linen first then dye with walnut shells the part that I was stitching on that.


When I had that done then I cut the pieces apart for finishing.


And this is how it all came together.  The two little ones were for scissor fobs but I decided to make some twisted cord and just attach them to the pincushion.


I just started another Hands On Design called "The Summer Night".  It's a box shaped pincushion with a scissor fob which I will probably do something different with.

Until next time, take care and remember God does answer prayers.
Blessings, Barbara



6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I bet you are having so much fun shopping!
What a beautiful name for her.
Stitch Over 2 is cute.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Sherry said...

Wonderful news! I love the cross stitch!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Hands On stitch and finish look fabulous, Barbara. What a beautiful name for the blessing to be! Have a marvelous wee!

Vickie said...

I can imagine how excited you all are. I was that excited after my two boys and then came Madeleine. :) I was buying pink things and dresses while she was still inside me. And we did not know she was a girl! Brian said, "What are you doing???" I told him I know it's a girl! He said,"Save the receipts!" ;)

Love your new finish.

diamondc said...

Barbara: How exciting, I think when a baby is named after a family member it is a gift to be had, I was named after a grandmother and aunt.
How lucky you are, congratulations to the parents and little John.
Love the finish you did on these pieces, they are perfect, the dying process turned out wonderful.

Catherine

Barb said...

I am so happy for all of you. Grand children are so very special!!!