Monday, March 4, 2019

It's Been Awhile

I've been pretty busy these past few weeks helping Peyton with doctor appointments....meaning I watch the boys....and doing a lot of finishing of projects that I've been working on.

First up is Joseph which I absolutely love.  I just can't wait to get Mary and Baby Jesus finished.  



Remember the yarn I purchased called Downton Abbey at Christmas Time?  Well I finished my shawl/cowl and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  I'm planning on wearing it to the Downton Abbey movie that's coming out this fall.




Winter seems to be hanging on for so long for my Northern friends so I thought I would share what I did today.  New York City has Central Park....well Orlando has Leu Gardens and that's where Peyton, Little John, Zane and I went today.  It is so fabulous with all the native flowers and bushes and so many were in bloom.  I was disappointed that the Rose Garden was not in bloom yet but about another month and it should be spectacular.  Here are some of the lovely things we saw today.  Oh and the temperature was 84 degrees.


Our Little John who isn't so little anymore.


This is looking across the lake at the beautiful hospital where hubby has had all his surgeries.  The people there are Saints.



A refreshing little waterfall.




Peyton with Little John.  Zane is riding.


Fountain in middle of Rose Garden.

Well that's what I've been up to.  Have to go this Thursday and get driver's license renewed....what a pain!!!  Can't wait till Thursday nite cause that's when Debbie of my LNS comes back from Nashville with all the new goodies.  I'll post on Friday what I ended up with.  I will admit I made a list for her and I'm not sorry one bit!!!    Come March 14th we are going to Disney World again for that month.  I get the biggest kick out of watching Peyton and Little John....I'm not sure who's the bigger child.  LOL

Everyone have a Blessed week,
Barbara

6 comments:

Barb said...

Joseph looks just wonderful,you will be so happy to have them all for next Christmas. What a lovely day you shared with us. I could almost feel the warmth!

MartinaM said...

Hi Barb,
Joseph looks great. Even your scarf is a real eye-catcher.
Great pictures of your trip, it is so beautiful. With us it is cloudy and rainy.
Have a nice week, Hugs Martina

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, your outing to the gardens looked like a lot of fun. What beautiful pictures you shared! Congratulations on getting Joseph finished along with your shawl/cowl! Have a super week!

Vickie said...

Joseph is wonderful. Oh Barbara. 84 degrees!!! It is only going to be 16 today! :(

Marilyn said...

The Nativity is turning out so pretty.
Love the style of that shawl, nice.
Nice pics of Leu Gardens.
Little John has grown a lot!
I'm sure they can't wait to go to Disney World. :)
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Barbara: What a sweet post, the photos are adorable.
I do wish we had something blooming beside snow, we had another 6 inch's yesterday, this coming week rain lots of it, which will cause flooding.
Your shawl is beautiful.
Joseph is a sweet design.

Catherine